Quantcast
you restaurant guys. be honest, do you think your food is healthy?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: you restaurant guys. be honest, do you think your food is healthy?

you restaurant guys. be honest, do you think your food is healthy?

i recently went with my aunt to some seafood restaurant. i asked them to grill me some fish, salt pepper only..and steam the veggies. no butter, minimum seasoning.

my aunt got the exact same thing, but cooked "normal". tasting them side by side was an eye opener! her's was delicious. the veggies glossy and glistening..full of flavor. mine tasted bland by a huge margin.

i ate mine. i asked my wife if my cooking was bland. she said no..i can and occasionally will cook with full on intentions to amp up flavors and fat..but not always.

is eating out..can it be healthy?

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Quote Originally Posted by boomchakabowwow View Post
    i recently went with my aunt to some seafood restaurant. i asked them to grill me some fish, salt pepper only..and steam the veggies. no butter, minimum seasoning.

my aunt got the exact same thing, but cooked "normal". tasting them side by side was an eye opener! her's was delicious. the veggies glossy and glistening..full of flavor. mine tasted bland by a huge margin.

i ate mine. i asked my wife if my cooking was bland. she said no..i can and occasionally will cook with full on intentions to amp up flavors and fat..but not always.

is eating out..can it be healthy?
    Note my signature. ;-)

you can definitely get healthy food out. I would say about 50% of my menu is healthy and 80% could be made healthy. The other 20% of my menu I would probably kill you if you tried to make healthy. Mac and cheese ain't supposed to be healthy and neither is the smoked mozzarella arancini. Making healthy flavorful is pretty easy. Use all the seasoning you want just watch the salt. a Little bit of fat is actually beneficial and necessary for a healthy diet. Many vitamins are only fat soluble so, you aren't doing your self any favors eating the low fat dressing. use the recommended 1 tablespoon of full fat dressing to 2 cups of salad and toss it so that everything is evenly coated. This way you get the flavor without over doing it. Don't eat the fried chicken everyday but, once in awhile is fine. Don't eat fat free anything, they make up for the lack of flavor that fat imparts to food by adding tons of salt and sugar. Ever wonder why fat people eat fat free diet food and are still fat? Its the sugar and artificial sweeteners. You can most definitely eat well out. Ask for smaller portions or eat half and take the other half home for another meal. You do not have to suffer with boring bland food. Because people like this ("i asked them to grill me some fish, salt pepper only..and steam the veggies. no butter, minimum seasoning.") really annoy the hell out of us. It's bland because, you asked for it that way.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    Ask for smaller portions or eat half and take the other half home for another meal. You do not have to suffer with boring bland food. Because people like this ("i asked them to grill me some fish, salt pepper only..and steam the veggies. no butter, minimum seasoning.") really annoy the hell out of us. It's bland because, you asked for it that way.
    i was recovering from some stomach thing and didnt want full blown flavor. all i ate for a week was jello and oatmeal, plain..and white rice congee. i never said i didnt like it bland..i was just amazed about the difference in flavor between the dishes. i had to eat it bland, i didnt trust my system yet.

and i'm not fat.

Butter is really freaking good for you too, its the fake "butter flavored oil" and margerine you gotta watch out for.

my body is sponsored by butter.

whole foods, less processed foods, food that are cooked from scratch are still miles more healthy than any fast food.

there's a reason why the saying "there's nothing like a home cooked meal" is so synonymous all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by boomchakabowwow View Post
    i was recovering from some stomach thing and didnt want full blown flavor. all i ate for a week was jello and oatmeal, plain..and white rice congee. i never said i didnt like it bland..i was just amazed about the difference in flavor between the dishes. i had to eat it bland, i didnt trust my system yet.

and i'm not fat.
    i was just joking with you. hope you feel better
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    ...neither is the smoked mozzarella arancini.
    This sounds amazing (I had to Google it).

what does healthy mean???

+ Reply to Thread