Hi there! Knives are here. I'm here.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm here in Brooklyn, NY, and happy to be here on the forums. Been in the custom knife world for quite a long time; in fact, assuming I make it down to Atlanta in June for the Blade Show, it will be my 14th straight year! Tough to believe...

I'm no kitchen knife expert, but know my way around them.. I have an early Cut Brooklyn prototype that gets daily use. I'm also working to launch EatingTools.com, so I've got a combination of blades and food gadgetry on the brain 24/7. Things could be worse! Good to be here. :)

Hey Brooklyn, Manhattan here. Welcome aboard. Seems like you'll fit right in here at KKF. What have you been doing at the Blade Show all those years?

Bit of a fan of the cut Brooklyn myself as you might see. Welcome! Looking fwd to seeing your website launch!

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I'll keep ya up to date on my site launch (later this summer), but I promise I'm not here to advertise and be 'that guy.' :) Dave, the site will basically have a rotating selection of unique, unusual, handmade and one-of-a-kind eating and cooking tools. Got some cool stuff in the works!

Marc, yes indeed, nice avatar! I'm just up the street from Joel's shop, it's like a candy store for guys like us! Brought a Brooklyn Butcher Block home not long ago also..

Ahh, Blade Show! I've been collecting for years, and once I popped my Blade cherry back in '99 I think it was, I haven't been able to resist the trip. I worked for a while with my good friend Duane of EDCKnives.com, so I've been on both sides of the table at a number of shows including NYCKS/ECCKS, Blade West, SICAC and others. These days Blade is one of the few times each year I get to see many, many faces that I don't see otherwise. And drink a lot of beer with a lot of good people! I spent years on BladeForums starting around '96, and have been on the USN since '04 ('masse' on both) so it's in my blood at this point.. :knife:

Oh, I'm Abe by the way. :)

Sounds like you're right at home already, welcome!

Back