Larrin graduates with distinction

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
Larrin got his four year degree in material science. That is the study of metals, plastics, and ceramics.

He has been accepted to The Colorado School of Mines for a PhD in metallurgy.

Larrin has a 3.6 GPA, which is tough in engineering.

He put himself through school with little help from his parents. He finished with zero debt and some how managed to save some money on a couple of low paying jobs.

I'm proud of him. Looking forward to his graduate studies because he will be studying steel heat treating, processing, manufacturing, etc.

The pics are of he and his wife and one with me and his mother.

Love you Larrin

Dad

001.jpg

005.jpg

You should be proud. I know how hard is to stay focused on school. Major Congrats to you both. Doctor Larrin Thomas. I like the sound of that.

Tom

Nice accomplishment, especially the 0 debt, I was not of that good fortune.

Congrats.

I can only hope my kids do as well. Congratulations to you!

Thanks everyone. It's been a lot of work. A lot more to go.

Well done and congratulations.. is there a celebration discount coming?? just kidding...
rgds

Congratulations! Great job on the grade, Larrin!

Great job on Larrin, Hoss!

Best wishes for the future, and congrats on the accomplishments! Very very cool!

Excellent news. Being on the 'other side' as a professor, I see every day how hard many students work to keep studies, jobs, families and the real life together. I am always happy to see them succeed and move on successfully.

Stefan

Congrats. I have a metallurgy degree with a concentration in iron casting. Good move on getting the advanced degrees.

-AJ

Congrats!!Best of luck in colorado:thumbsup2:

Good job on the son Hoss. Good job on the wife Larrin. Peace.

Well done Larrin :)

Is a trip to the ECG in the running for a graduation present?

How's the PhD going? Would be great to get an update. I for one miss Larrin's contributions to the forum.

Back