Quantcast
Braised pork shanks..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braised pork shanks..

Braised pork shanks..

With a Chili component. I make some of the best Lamb Shanks and I have a favorite place in Mazatlan that makes a fantastic Pork Shank. I was thinking some smoked chilies added to my recipe. Any thoughts?

Engorged Member
    Thought about a red mole sauce?
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

dang..red mole. do it!

Engorged Member
    It will be really rich but worth it.
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

Wow that sounds tasty as a braising liquid all by itself. Looking at Rick Bayless's recipe.

Is that anything like a Mexican Osso Bucco? Tastes good in my mind already

Now my mind is churning. Might have to stop at the butcher today. I have a huge batch of red mole in the freezer. Mexican Osso tomorrow it is, lol
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Engorged Member
    I want pics!

Heading to butcher now. I'll do a photo journal while making it. Gonna head to Mexican market (hanover has 7, lol) and get some agave leaves and some others. My Mexican neighbor is gonna come over and help. Should be fun.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

I used Anne Burrell Lamb Shank recipe as a base..
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html
    I spice/herb up quite a bit from her recipe and add some wild Chilitepins and Cinnamon for Lamb Shanks.
    I cook with a full size restaurant pan and double stack the shanks. I reserve some of the fresh Thyme/Rosemary to brighten at the end.
    For the Pork shanks I added 9 big Anchos and 12 sm/md Posole with seeds. Really darkened it up! Also, threw in some diced Cactus...
    In the oven now for 4 hours and an hour rest.
    I have pictures...