Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Wa-conversion advice needed

Dragon Wa-conversion advice needed

OK, so i picked up a Misono 240 dragon a while back. Eamon did the grinding and i have put a 1200 grit handpolish on it. All it needs is a handle.
    I have a Keller handle that was destined for another knife, but it broke in transit. Stefan is now (another example of the outstanding vendors here) making me a new one and let's me use this if i can fix it.

Please look at the pics and tell me if the combo is too much (dragon and colourful handle)... If i remember its blackwood, red bakelite and red mammoth molar end cap. the flash has taken some of the colour out of the end cap, but it gives you an idea.

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/...psa3efaa62.jpg
    http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/...psf7c5eb63.jpg

Thanks

ohhh, I think that looks great! I myself am contemplating a hidden tang handle for a dragon

she's a beaute!

Looks good to me. Oh, and the spacer is reconstituted stone - jasper in this case. Looks like this small
    piece I had was overly brittle, one other handle broke at the spacer in my shop when I dropped it on the floor. But I wouldn't expect any issues once it is on the knife.

Stefan

Honestly I really don't like the white butt cap. It draws attention away from the business end.
    -Matt

Quote Originally Posted by WiscoNole View Post
    Honestly I really don't like the white butt cap. It draws attention away from the business end.
    That's mostly from the flash, the end cap is red and white mammoyh tooth and reapeats the color of the spacer, looks much darker in real life.

Stefan

I love the large red spacer that stands out & accentuate all black handle; however, red on white end cap just little too colorful for me!! my
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

I think it looks sweet!
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

If Misono was smart, they'd start making these dragons wa, because they're sweet!
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com