Quantcast
if you had $1500...
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: if you had $1500...

if you had $1500...

if you had $1500 that you could only spend on a knife what would you buy and why would you buy it? very interested to hear the responses from you guys thanks!

to get the ones I really want, sadly I would need to keep saving. A rader, a DT.

Rader.

-AJ

Harner, extra tall, 270mm, preferable clipped tip. Not sure if the 1500 would cover it though. Or talk him into doing me a cleaver. Hmm... Now you got me thinking. Next time I see him I might have to talk to him, and bribe him with some f my beer.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

Quote Originally Posted by Jmadams13 View Post
    Harner, extra tall, 270mm, preferable clipped tip. Not sure if the 1500 would cover it though. Or talk him into doing me a cleaver. Hmm... Now you got me thinking. Next time I see him I might have to talk to him, and bribe him with some f my beer.
    You mean like this?

I could be wrong on the numbers but as far as I know $1500 would maybe cover 3 from Devin. 270 gyuto, 210 petty, 85mm paring all in monosteel. Mystery carbon on the gyuto and on the suji/petty and aeb-l on the paring knife.

You could get a couple Harners for that quid.

Personally, I don't know what I'd do. 6 names come to mind, though.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I am too cheap to spend that kind of cash on only one knife. And I probably wouldn't notice the difference between a $400 and a $1500 knife anyway. So, I'd get a decent 300mm yanagi, always liked the Watanabes but might let Jon talk me into alternatives. For the rest, i would hope to get 2 gyutos from some of the makers here on the forum, although I really would have problems to choose which makers I would give priority, they all look good in their own way.

Stefan

Hmm. Not much left that I want to get. Probably use that money to buy a few nice natural whetstones.
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    You mean like this?

Yup. But if he' be willing, maybe a tad taller.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck