Quantcast
if you had $1500... - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: if you had $1500...

I kind of like that giant shig usuba that Maxim has. BTW, this is a kind of wish thread and if you have something that someone here wants, you have to send to them!.... Now! Those are interweb rules.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

maybe a good starting point for trying to bribe a certain forum member out of his DT feather Damascus scimitar ....

Quote Originally Posted by RobinW View Post
    Passaround on that cleaver, lol. Might solidify where my tax return is going...
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

$1500 can barely buy 1" of a bob kramer custom. $15,000 is more realistic if you want a high quality kitchen knife.
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzzle View Post
    $1500 can barely buy 1" of a bob kramer custom. $15,000 is more realistic if you want a high quality kitchen knife.
    Please define "high-quality". Is Kramer going to cut 30x better than a $500 high-quality knife?

If going by pure performance, one is paying 14.5K for the name, labor and skill it takes produce the steel, and collector's value perhaps, and the rest for quality and performance.

It is possible I don't understand what high-quality is, as I look at knives through the prism of performance rather than appearance.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Please define "high-quality". Is Kramer going to cut 30x better than a $500 high-quality knife?

If going by pure performance, one is paying 14.5K for the name, labor and skill it takes produce the steel, and collector's value perhaps, and the rest for quality and performance.

It is possible I don't understand what high-quality is, as I look at knives through the prism of performance rather than appearance.
    +1
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

I look at knives through the prism of performance rather than appearance.
    hmmmm....you seem to think that knives are tools that have a specific function in the scope of accomplishing a larger objective.

Me too....but pretty is OK...and you do pretty quite well.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Geez, guys I was lol
    JP

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I have been pondering this for about a month now. I recently received a small sum of money, and have been wondering if I wanted to get something at about that range. But there is many bills yet to pay so I will be thinking for a while.
    Chewie's the man.

I do think that knives are tools first and foremost, and each of the makers has our own idea of aesthetic appeal - some call it rustic and skip a few steps, and some go to a various length finishing a blade or doing intricate handles that are more for an appearance than for utility (for instance handles that look great but are uncomfortable or too small).

I thought that qualities like steel, HT, profile, geometry, ergonomics of a handle, fit and finish etc. are given for a quality knife, but maybe not. It tools world, it's simple - the best performing tools get the best reputation.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com