F/S Zensho Gyuto / Takayuki Gyuto / Tanaka Deba / CCK 1303 / 12c27 Parer
Time to find new homes for these. All prices are shipped CONUS. Willing ship international. Trades for interesting/cool things considered as well.
1. Zensho Blue Steel 210mm Wa-gyuto w/ d-shaped Ho handle - $140 shipped
- Used in good condition, has sharpening scratches on one side, has been thinned by previous owner (cwrightthruya) and is a great cutter. San mai construction, blue #2 core steel w/ iron cladding. Very reactive at first, develops nice patina. I have lightly tried polishing it with 1k sandpaper and flitz, still needs a proper refinishing for nice kasumi finish. Handle w/ horn ferrule in good shape, lightly sanded and 3 coats mineral oil applied. Blade oiled and ready to ship in original box. No saya for this one.
2. Sakai Takayuki Carbon 240mm Yo-gyuto - $100 shipped
- Re-listing this one at a lower price. A workhorse gyuto, still in great shape. Has a strongly right-biased edge. For an extra $10 I will throw in the ho wood saya. Freshly sharpened, blade oiled and ready to ship in original box/packaging.
3. Tanaka Deba 180mm Blue steel w/ round Ho handle - $80 shipped
- A workhorse deba, kurouchi has been removed and the spine and choil have been eased of sharp edges. The edge could use a polish as it was only needed to be sharp and not pretty for work purposes. Solid steel for a deba and it is a great one to learn on. Handle sucks, it has a plastic ferrule which wiggles a tiny bit, and I sanded the handle down to be flush with the ferule, oiled with mineral.
As pics show, shinogi is too raised in the middle of the blade, the result of my ignorant mis-sharpening on a badly dished stone when I first purchased it a few years ago. The blade is flat and the edge is flat, Ura is in good shape.
4. CCK 1303 Cleaver - $45 shipped
- A fully re-worked CCK which was a project knife. I tried out ideas, thinning, and practiced sanding/polishing on it. All the KU has been removed and the spine/choil eased for comfort. The blade is THIN, an amazing cutter. Sails through veggies. I torched the handle, sanded it, and oiled it. Feels smooth and good grip when wet. Had a brushed mustard patina on it, removed it with flitz and it is now ready to be shipped. Selling because I simply do not use a cleaver often and it was more fun working on it than having it. Plan is to get funds for another one to work on. I think this one is worth at least what a new one is
5. Artifex 90mm paring knife 12c27 stainless (NEW) - $35 shipped
- Bought 2 new, don't need both. Solid little parer, save $5 bucks and buy this one!
I'll take the Takayuki - PM sent. Hey - take $30 for the parer along with? LMK a total.
I'll take the tanaka deba
Sorry disregard my post thought it was something else. Too trigger happy.
I will take the Artifex 90mm paring knife 12c27 stainless. (as long is it is not bent. heh)