Newbee- Santa Cruz Ca.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clash

Reaction score
Hello,

I was doing some knife snooping and happened across your forum. Although not much of an online chatter, I am interested in knives. I am in the process of designing a couple at the moment and really could use the resource of knowledgeable people. I look forward to the conversation.

Sean-

I was impressed with the feel of Kasumi and New West Knife Works. I started some drawings incorporating some of the light weight attributes of these knives. Researching metals right now so I can water jet some blanks...soon hopefully!

If you're coming from German knives like Henkels, Wustoff, or Messermeister , I can understand why you might like the feel of New West and Kasumi. I like the finish on both.But I think you will find there some amazing knives talked about here and used by forum members that may be an eye opening experience. Give yourself some time to snoop around here before cutting blanks. There's a lot to digest, great geometry, steel and makers. No shortage of very well informed members who freely share their wisdom. It's a great resource.

Your words are ringing very true. I just finished looking at Dave Martell and Rodrique's galleries and others, truly, truly impressive! Looks like I found the honey hole.

Greetings! ^ Some call it honey while others say rabbit :D Hope you find what you are looking for!

Latest posts

Back