Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTB - Workhorse Gyuto 240 or 270 - Suggestions or Offers?

They're kinda in between, in my mind..one side is like a single, but the other has a large microbevel, for lack of a better word.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Thanks all for the suggestions, and also for all of the generous offers! A lot of nice knives floating out there in KKF land, and even more generous owners willing to offer deals. Again, thank you.

I chose the 270 Kochi V2 from JKI, along with a new Gesshin 400 stone. Figured I'd end up keeping cost below the $400 mark, and get more than just a knife. (I need to practice my sharpening!) Major deciding factors were desire for a 270, and aiming for a substantial blade that was super thin behind the edge. Also, excited about the steel, as folks clearly seem to love sharpening it. Also, I am excited to learn to sharpen a wide bevel knife - expanding my capabilities further.

For all the newbies out there, Jon and Sara consistently take the time to answer any question you have, and don't make you feel stupid for asking. Outstanding customer service, and thoughtful consideration of the customer's wants, and also abilities. Thank you both for taking the time, it makes a big difference.

PS - I put my name on the list for a custom monosteel Devin - will be awhile, but should be well worth the wait!

Kochi arrived, gorgeous knife and as always awesome packaging from JKI. Holy $#/+! Just cut an onion in half and diced and chopped and holy hell. Helps to have an edge from Jon to start. Thanks all for the reccomendations. Will be enjoying this guy.

Photos please?

Sorry for the crappy ipad shots - cutting board counter under window so lots of glare. Also first shot's glare isn't showing tips well - but believe me, they are there, they are intact, and they are markedly different.

Here it is next to my Pierre 240.

Love the rough kurouchi finish.

Slightly different beasts (putting it lightly)!

More to come after I get to take it for more of a test drive.

Nice knives!

Forgot to add that it is nice to see comparison pics of different knives. As some times I the numbers don't compute for me.