Blade Cleaning

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Burls

Reaction score
I do a lot of opening boxes with my EDC so I'm always getting glue on the blade. Wondering if anyone has an easy/effective way of getting the gunk off? Thanks.

you may want to try either alcohol ( not the drinking type) or lighter (cigarette) gas refills teh liquid type.

rgds
d

I use acetone to clean the glue and gunk from boxes on my EDC. I use it to open boxes too, and if I cantbjust scratch it off with my fingernail, acetone takes it right off.

GooGone.

300.jpg

I've used goo gone too, but it always seemed to keep the smells. I do occasionally use it to cut fruit and whatnot to eat when foraging while hiking? I always worried about the residue. And anyone with a female in the house normally has acetone laying around, so no need to purchase anything new.

91% Isopropanol works decently for me and it evaporates so quickly that if you get it in the pivot it wont rust it or attract dirt.

Nail polish remover usually has other stuff in there, so it's not that great for cleaning a blade. Stop by an auto parts or hardware store for some straight acetone. Leaves no residue on the blade.

Good point, never thought about that. I'll have to head to auto zone soon

yeah, but nail polish remover huffs, I mean smells, much better :justkidding:

I tried the WD40 since that's what I had available and it worked just fine. I knew you guys would have the answer(s). Thanks.

Back