• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hirimoto-custom scales........

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsy9977

Founding Member
Reaction score
1295883818-knife_013.JPG1295884403-knife_020.jpg1295884433-knife_024.JPG

up for sale is a hirimoto....this is an old carbon model that's not available anymore.....it's a 300mm gyuto....adam(watercrawl) put scales on this one.....recently came back sharpened from dave....this one is beggin for some use.....asking 250 shipped.....ryan

That's some sweet looking wood. So this is one of the old Hiromoto HC models? It's been a long time since they've been available. I tried to buy one as my very first "real" knife but they were sold out.

I don't see where Ryan listed it....those are spalted koa scales. Never seen any before or since.

That is one sweet knife! Nice work Adam. If I didn't have a 300, that hasn't been getting used, (if this was 240/270), I'd be all over it!! Good luck!

Why would they stop making the carbon? Plus, they wont do Wa handles? Doesn't seem like good business sense.....

We have a beer in Ontario (beer capital of N.America! :) ) and their slogan is "Do one thing, and do it really, really well!"
Sounds about right....

I don't know how Ontario is the beer capital of N. America, when Milwaukee is the beer capital of the World! :poke1:

Ryan,

Do you remember what type of carbon steel they were using for that knife?

i don't remember offhand.....i am actually not sure if it was widely known.....i can tell u it takes a really sharp edge.....edge retention is pretty good too.....i know that's not much to go on but it is a nice carbon knife for sure.....ryan

Hahaha. I think it's a toss up, no chop.

I'm likely to be wrong, but I thought they were sk-4 steel?

I'm likely to be wrong, but I thought they were sk-4 steel?

That's what popped into my head too, but I don't remember ever seeing it stated factually. I think it was a guess based on impressions of the knife.

All I can tell you is my Hiro HC petty gets a damn fine patina, takes a great edge, and looks freakin' amazing with a custom handle.:tongue4:

bringing this one back to the top.....i am willing to accept offers by pm....also looking for a mac bread knife if anyone got one for a partial trade.....ryan

I don't know how Ontario is the beer capital of N. America, when Milwaukee is the beer capital of the World! :poke1:

I think San Diego and Portland might have something to say about that :wink:

Portland Oregon has more breweries than any city in the world.

If I remember correctly it's made from SK4 I still use my 240 Hiromoto HC240 and love it :)

Latest posts

Back