12 egg yolks and counting, what to make?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mano

Reaction score
I'm losing weight by eating egg whites, so what should I make for the rest of the family with the yolks?

Cured yolks, then shave them like tasty bits of parmesan. I suggest a miso cure.

Hollandaise in the morning
Hollandaise in the evening
Hollandaise at suppertime
When you can have Hollandaise on a bagel, you can have Hollandaise any time!
(sung to the tune of the bagel bites commercial)

One kid loves macaroons and one kid loves key lime pie. Not exactly diet food but how we use them. Speaking of diet food, the egg yolks make a great custard base for frozen yogurt and ice cream. Good luck with the diet.

I'm losing weight by eating egg whites, so what should I make for the rest of the family with the yolks?

My dog is a beneficiary of my leftover egg yolks (I sometimes use 2 egg yolks in 3-4 eggs omelet, so he gets the remaining 2, spread over a few meals). I think I would have riot at home if I tried to use the yolks for other purposes.

M

No egg yolks?!?!?! What the hell do you put on your grits??? :eyebrow:

i would add an egg yolk or two the the families scramble. the extra fat makes a super fluffy and light scramble. provided you dont overcook and squeeze out any water.

when i eat egg whites, i toss the yolk.

I'm interested in the cured yolk idea? Never seen or heard of that.

Just red Belly to Bacon method of cured yolks, so... 5 yolks in th salt it is. The guys here at the bistro are a little hesitant to this kind of thing, but they are just as excited as I am. I love stumbling on new things to try like this. I love this place for that very reason

I love the anchovy or gochuchang cured yolks idea. I'm totally stealing that!

Get yourself a Yellow Lab, make your egg white omlet, mix the yokes into your Lab's dog food. Wait a couple of hours and then enjoy the smell of stinky dog farts. Its a win win situation.

I use spare egg yolks to make that egg lemon sauce... whatever it's called, for stuffed cabbage rolls. Mmmm, cabbage rolls.

After this thread, I have 16 yolks curing in 4 different ways. Look forward to my cured yolk thread soon. Will be "unpacking" th from salt/miso/dehydrated fish sauce (my own concoction) tomorrow morning.

Back