Few new ones available

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Davis

Reaction score
So with the absolute insanity finally starting to slow down a touch, i am trying to get out in the shop a little more now a days. I had 4 wisdom teeth out on monday, and aside from the pain....the pills they gave me have me running around like a champ! So i finished up a bunch of orders, have a few more i am working on still( pm's incoming to all of you with progress updates). I am finally starting some of the cool, new projects i have had on the back burners. Neither of these knives have sayas.

Here is what i call my line knife. It is a mix between a gyuto and a suji without a weird name. Dimensions are as follows.
Blade is 1095 at 61rc, differentially hardened with polished hamon.
247mm on edge, 43mm tall at the heel. 3.2mm spine at the handle with full distal taper to a very fine tip.
Handle is Red fiddleback eucalyptus, musk ox horn spacer and african blackwood ferrule.
dimensions are 143mm long, 18/23 at the ferrule and 21/25 at the buttcap.
Weight is 217g and has a great balance point. Price is $500 plus shipping

Next up we have the very first single bevel knife i ever made. I made it in the mindset of mioroshi deba, but it is pretty thin, sitting at 2.2mm at the spine. Still a great cutting knife, with full urasuki, polished hamon and my very first d handle!!!
Blade is W2 at 61-62, 213mm on edge, 48mm tall and as above, 2.2mm thick. Weight is 182g
Handle is Craig Stevens dyed redwood burl, green bakelite spacers and african blackwood ferrule and buttcap.
Handle is 133mm long, 16/21 at the ferrule and 20/24 at the butt end.
$400 plus shipping

That's a really nice single bevel, Mike. Just trying to convince myself I need one, lol.

Dude!!! Where ya hiding these? :D

Back