Quantcast
Feedback on Konosuke Funayuki/"New Shape"? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on Konosuke Funayuki/"New Shape"?

Quote Originally Posted by dannynyc View Post
    The moderator at CKTG forums tells me the blade is 270.5mm from heel to spine. So much for it being shorter. Any more reports from anyone who's actually used this knife?
    His reply actually says "Funa is 1/2 a centimeter longer", but doesn't say longer than what.

I should have been more specific earlier. My kono hd gyuto 240 is actually 235, I've also purchased 2 hd Western 210's which were their stated length. My grill cook purchased a 210 Wa but it's actual length is just under 205. However, my 270mm Konosuke mioroshi Deba is actually just about 275mm but that was a custom order. It's looking like the 240's and under are shorter than their stated length but the 270's are just over. IDK
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Knife fanatic has a video of the HD ultimatum on YouTube. I think he measures it in the vid

Confused here...don't these (ultimatums) still have a lot of work to do (heavy thinning from what I understood) once you get the knife? Kono should be a better knife oob but may have f&f issues? Not sure about f&f on ultms...and really don't care personally. I'm guessing there are better options than either unless you just really want a Kono.
    one man gathers what another man spills...

As the OP can I say that I'm not really considering the Richmond? Perhaps that could be the subject of another post and we can focus on the two Kono profiles?

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    Confused here...don't these (ultimatums) still have a lot of work to do (heavy thinning from what I understood) once you get the knife? Kono should be a better knife oob but may have f&f issues? Not sure about f&f on ultms...and really don't care personally. I'm guessing there are better options than either unless you just really want a Kono.
    Well, considering this ultimatum is made by konosuke its probably alot better than the others.

The i loved the new kono profile(funy) BTW. Its not dead flat or anything like that, but rather it was patterned after carter funy gyutos. I sold my 240mm funy because it was too short 233ish mm and too light. I wouldve re bought the same knife in the 270mm if it was available before the price increase but it wasnt, so nowadays I'd more inclined to get sakai yusuke or gesshin ginga. What else do you want to know about the knife?

I guess pleasure of use, and if there are any appreciable differences between the profiles for push cutting. I'm less concerned about the tip . Some have addressed these issues already.

Quote Originally Posted by Melampus
    Still no time to reply, but my Kono 270HD Funayuki is 276mm on the edge.
    Repost from CKtG forum.

It's way better at push cutting than the original profile. But like i said, its not too flat. You could still rock chop herbs if necessary. It is seriously light as a feather in the 240mm though.