Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: (Another) New Job

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Thanks for all the well wishes guys. To answer a few questions:
    I work dinner service, starting on Garde-Manger, but worked sautee my stage night and it was nutz!
    The hotel has 200 rooms.
    There are 3 kitchens: The restaurant kitchen which services the dining room and restaurant bar(duh), I think it seats 150? Also serves room service, the spa, the pool, the golf course, the Lodge and a separate property called The Aloft hotel. The restaurant kitchen is open 24/7/365.
    There is a banquet kitchen for in-house parties and off-site catering.
    And the pastry kitchen.
    As far as politics, etc. -nope, no problems here. The exec. is a good guy from Australia. He's very hands-on and spends a lot of time producing and coordinating banquets. The Chef de Cuisine is da man. He can show anyone up at any spot in the kitchen. He was saucier/poissonnier at The Ritz in Philly for like 9 years and is a total badass, but is a great teacher and very down-to-earth. I hear he kills it if you get the chance to watch him work sautee for the night.
    The 2 Sous' for the restaurant are very good, very smart and so freaking thorough. All the guys that work dinner with me rule. They have set the bar high. Even the young culinary students are just way too good. I'm getting shown up by kids that are 17 years younger than me.
    It feels weird to go home happy. I'm very fortunate to be here.
    Damn, I haven't even told you about how good the food is!
    And I get 22 days of PTO my first year!
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

So Kelly is still the CDC? That dude has worked there for years, and yes he is a badass.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    wow man hope it keep on giving just as much as you are saying. congratz on the new position.
    Chewie's the man.

401k as in 401 thousand dollers per year

Dammit, I was just in Charlotte for a long ass layover too. I just found out about this thread today. Maybe next time.
    "Into a country where the jails are full, and the mad houses closed." - Charles Bukowski

That's awesome, grats. Seems like you have finally found a place worthy of you :-) plus with the benefits to boot, win win!

Hope things continue to go well for you there