Hangover food...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmadams13

Banned
Reaction score
What's yours. Mine normally includes a 6 minuet egg, with something fatty. We all have one, so let's here them

Me and the misses just ate ours, poached eggs with toasted home made bread. I like mine with hotsauce, today I had some chow chow. My head hurts.

Fried egg Bacon and American cheese sandwich with homemade chipotle mayonnaise on toasted sourdough.

That sounds awesome any day of the week El Pescador...I love a fried egg sandwich. Finally found a place in town that makes a good one (Bar Louie, chain, some of you probably know it). Gotta sub spicy mustard for the mayo though.

1/2# burger and another couple of drinks....

Tonkotsu ramen and a draft Japanese beer.

Bacon and/or sausage with some runny eggs. Washed down with a big gulp sized coffee.

Some good suggestions. I needed it today, lol. Today was a chili dog with extra onions

Grits with an egg, some cheese and chopped ham, or sausage mixed in. I whisk it till it's fluffy . . . that and a Bloody Mary go good together.

You guys must have better stomachs than mine, when I am hung over, food is not a good idea. I am glad if I can keep Alka Seltzer down...

Stefan

Large dose of B12 and hydration. How you get those is variable.

Lots of water, buttered toast and canned fruit cocktail or peaches for breakfast then chicken noodle soup with crackers for lunch. Works every time.

Bacon and beer. Exercise helps sweat it out too I find. It's best to get said excercise as soon as you wake up. Preferably while still in bed.

Eggs with fried potatoes, toast, manchego. Preferably coffee and a bloody Mary to accompany. A shot of bourbon later on around 4/5pm to keep things even.

Damn a lot of you put a lot of prep into your hangover foods. I don't get that.

-AJ

oddly enough, as much as I used to drink, I have never had a hang over. could drink all day and night and be good to go the next day no worries.:razz:Must be the Indian blood but, I have been known to disappear for a week or two and wake up eight hundred miles away in a Mexican prison.:dontknow:
We used to make a hangover cure at my place in Scottsdale. served it from 2am to 10am everyday. It was a giant Croque Monseur , we served it on two full slices of sourdough boule added 1/4 inch bechamel, 1/2 pound Nuestke's ham, 1/4 inch bechamel, slice of bread, 1/4 inch of bechamel and six slices of comte. Pop in the salamander until melty and golden serve with a little bit of baby green salad so, people feel healthy. Give them a knife and fork and let them eat themselves into oblivion.:IMOK: If you really want to be healthy top with two fried eggs ( croque Madam):whistling:

The sodastreamer became a revolution in hangovers for me... that + junkfood in all forms(the more disgusting the better).

If I wake up and still have a fair amount of intoxication in my body I can use that time to swiftly grab something from the fridge(If lucky = bacon and some sausages) and blast it in the frying pan before my brain want's to escape the cranium and remind me how fun we had with that whiskey yesterday and why we never should do that again.

So when hungover, everything goes... :D

bacon, scrambled eggs, grilled mackerel, miso soup.

I'll let you know tomorrow morning! Probably a blue powerade and a sausage & egg Mcmuffin

I rarely consume alcohol anymore but if I have a couple of drinks it is usually enough to do me in. When I go to bed I take some acetaminophen or ibuprofen and a gravol and drink as much sport drink as I can. If my stomach allows I do like a plain three egg white omelet, just slightly runny with some ketchup. Coffee as well, depending on how the stomach feels.

Back