Bloodroot Blades in the May Food and Wine

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike9

Banned
Reaction score
Nice to see this - 'bout 1/3d of a page on page 36 if anyone has a copy.

Awesome!! I have a blade in the works with Luke they ate great guys!

I saw this a couple of weeks ago and PM'ed Lefty. The Gyuto that Luke is holding in the pic is one that Lefty had in his shop.
Looks like their waiting list is about to get a lot longer.
Congrats to Bloodroot.

They're doing great things :D Congrats to Luke and David.

That's awesome. I saw it this morning when flipping through my new issue.

Anybody have an actual address and phone number for Bloodroot? I hate those websites that only give you the option of a form e-mail reply. Always makes me feel like they don't want you to know where they are if anything goes wrong. And the custom knife field is legendry for makers that have taken deposits or full payments, not made delivery dates, and disappeared from the scene over night.

Anybody have an actual address and phone number for Bloodroot? I hate those websites that only give you the option of a form e-mail reply. Always makes me feel like they don't want you to know where they are if anything goes wrong. And the custom knife field is legendry for makers that have taken deposits or full payments, not made delivery dates, and disappeared from the scene over night.

Sounds like you should contact them then they will contact you and voila - contact made . . .

Noodle Soup, PM/email me and I can let you know Luke's info.

Actually, I'm editing this, because I read more of the message. Luke will not disappear with your money, or ignore you. I only deal with classy guys, as a rule and he's as good as they come.

Contact made.
One of the reasons I hate those e-mail form box things on websites is they seem to have a high chance of kicking mine out as spam. Which, of course, is what they are designed to do even if I'm not really spam. I might add that the folks I work for are not interested in anyone they can't contact by phone or mail.

I hate those things too, but I think you're safe. :)

Wow, good for them! They make awesome knives and are great people.

Is it me or do their leather aprons look like genuine cordovan.
I have a feeling that those will make some wicked strops...

I'll ask Luke and let you all know, for fun. :)

Straight from the horse's mouth:

They're some scrap upholstry leather, Goodwill belts, straps from an old purse, and some copper rivets. We're thinking about widening our press options by advertising our knives in nothing but the aprons. Although that would mostly scare people away I guess.

He's a funny guy, that Luke. Haha

We're thinking about widening our press options by advertising our knives in nothing but the aprons.
lol.

I guess their philosophy of using recycled materials goes beyond just their blades.

I just got on their waiting list... he said it went from 4-5 weeks to 8 months in just the last few weeks. Really like the profile of their gyuto as it's a bit different than anything in my stable.

I just got on their waiting list... he said it went from 4-5 weeks to 8 months in just the last few weeks. Really like the profile of their gyuto as it's a bit different than anything in my stable.

Ditto, I too just joined their list and I love the idea of the reclaimed materials.

Back