• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Carter Stainless Fukugozai Funayuki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oivind_dahle

Banned
Reaction score
I would like a 5.2Sun, but can go as low as 4.9Sun Funayuki if the price is right. Both White and Blue Core is of interest.

http://www.cartercutlery.com/japane...zai-series/52sun-stainless-fukugozai-funayuki

This gonna be a project for me, so if the handles is bad it doesnt matter, Im rehandling it at once. I was going to buy the 5.2Sun, but user Lefty snapped it before my eyes :ninja:

I will however only buy of trusted KFF members with a record here or at KF, or if the person can give references.

I'll sell it for $200 :p
Sorry Øivind...I really didn't mean to buy it out from under you. I thought you were going used!

No worries :)

Im looking forward to how your project is turning out.
Im teaming up with Darkhoek on this one, so the results will be out of this world :)

Anyway, Im a homechef and got like 50 knives. I really dont need an other. But what must be done, must be done :)

What's the knife? Length, etc?

Dude. I'm a guy...a decent sized guy - I love pettys. I'm not sure why a smaller knife means a knife for a girl.
I can't figure that one out.

Oh, but feel free to send me the handle from yours. It looks a bit nicer than mine will be!

Keep us posted on the results OD, I'm sure it'll be amazing.

Darkhoek and I will do a lot of tests and sharpen it. We also gonna do a polish and rehandle when time is right :)

Lefty: If the handle is ok we can send it :) But you see this project Im sure you gonna send your knife to Darkhoek for polish and rehandle :)
If you live in US, you could also talk to Marko. He is a skilled polisher, but more important he makes wa like no other .)

I have a bad feeling I'll be getting it rehandled, but only once I absolutely have to (meaning I can't put up with the stock handle anymore)!
At least your ferrule is somewhat nice. I think mine is made out of tire scraps and electrical tape! ;)

I believe the "ferrule" is just paint on the same dhandle. For me this knife is a project. Gonna have it tested and abused like no other knife. I will do things with this that I would never do with any of my more expensive knives. Im looking forward to it in a few weeks. However Iceland just had an eruption of magma, so the planes my be grounded :(

Im no Dman, so for me octagon is the only way to roll :)
At least talk to Marko, he might have a second class handle if you are not going all the way :) And he could compare the handle to my Carter as it is sent to him :)

Back