Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Synthetic Aoto is going bye-bye

  1. #1
    Dave Martell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Airville, PA
    Posts
    10,998

    Synthetic Aoto is going bye-bye

    After some consideration I've decided to drop this stone from my site. I'll keep it listed for a few more days to give people a chance to get one before it's gone.



    XL Synthetic Aoto

    L Synthetic Aoto

  2. #2
    Senior Member ThEoRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Posts
    3,462
    What was the deciding factor? I've always wondered about this stone.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

  3. #3
    Senior Member turbochef422's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    906
    Mine broke in 3 places and I thought I was careful

  4. #4
    Dave Martell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Airville, PA
    Posts
    10,998
    I feel kinda cruddy selling this stone, even with my strong warnings, because it's just too likely to cause the customer problems - why sell something that could leave a bad taste in the customer's mouth?

    Funny thing though is that I'll re-order one for myself if mine breaks or gets too thin (it's an XL that's 1/2" thick now).

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Columbia , MD
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by turbochef422 View Post
    Mine broke in 3 places and I thought I was careful
    Did you lacquer the sides and bottom? I just picked up a large one and am very nervous about breaking it. Tips?

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, FL, USA
    Posts
    4,531
    Quote Originally Posted by 420layersofdank View Post
    Did you lacquer the sides and bottom? I just picked up a large one and am very nervous about breaking it. Tips?
    I'd consider glueing it to a base - wood, granite or even Corian.
    All cats are libertarians. Completely dependent on others, but fully convinced of their own independence.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Columbia , MD
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    I'd consider glueing it to a base - wood, granite or even Corian.
    Thanks!!! Any advice on type of glue and should I still lacquer the sides if I do glue to a base?

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, FL, USA
    Posts
    4,531
    Quote Originally Posted by 420layersofdank View Post
    Thanks!!! Any advice on type of glue and should I still lacquer the sides if I do glue to a base?
    I'd use an epoxy like Devcon 2 Ton, or at least something that's waterproof. Lacquering the sides probably isn't necessary, but won't hurt any.
    All cats are libertarians. Completely dependent on others, but fully convinced of their own independence.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Columbia , MD
    Posts
    456
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    I'd use an epoxy like Devcon 2 Ton, or at least something that's waterproof. Lacquering the sides probably isn't necessary, but won't hurt any.
    Thanks man!! Sorry but one more question. Perma soak or splash and go? I hear both good and bad things about soaking this guy

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, FL, USA
    Posts
    4,531
    Quote Originally Posted by 420layersofdank View Post
    Thanks man!! Sorry but one more question. Perma soak or splash and go? I hear both good and bad things about soaking this guy
    I'm going to let Dave answer that one, if he doesn't mind.
    All cats are libertarians. Completely dependent on others, but fully convinced of their own independence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •