• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Itinomon: 210 Stainless Clad-V2 Core

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwrightthruya

Reaction score
Hi All,

Up for sale is my 210 Itinomon stainless clad with V-2 Carbon Core. This also has an upgraded Octagonal Burned Chestnut Handle. I've had this knife for about 1 month and have used it about 12 times to cut veggies, and sharpened it once. I have a bias on the back side of the knife so there are sharpening scratches on the back (see pic).

Asking $175 plus paypal fee and shipping CONUS.

Itinomon.jpg

Itinomon+%25282%2529.jpg

Itinomon+%25281%2529.jpg

Itinomon+%25283%2529.jpg

Itinomon+%25284%2529.jpg

Thanks For Looking,

Chris

Itinomon+%u002525282%2529.jpg

Hey Chris, how does this one compare to the zensho blue steel you used to use? Been looking at the itinomon line on JNS, any plus or minus points in your experience? Been looking for a workhorse gyuto less reactive than the zensho and a bit less expensive than watanabe with a similar profile. Thanks!

It is an excellent cutter, just like Zensho, but the heel is much taller (55mm), changing its profile. The only downside is that, in the time I used it, I could not get accustomed to the heel height, which during a rock chop causes you to have to lift up a little higher than you would on the Zensho or on an equivalent Yoshikane. The biggest positive I have noted is its lack of reactivity. Because it is a Stainless clad carbon core knife you get 90% of the best of both worlds and very few drawbacks.
Hope this helps.
Chris

Cool, thanks Chris. The heel height will be a drawback for the push cutting method I am accustomed to, thanks for the info and good luck with the sale!

Back