• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS or Trade: Masanabu VG-10 150mm Petty/Utility, Masahiro MBA-26 240mm Gyuto, Shun Premier 7" Santok

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowbrother

Reaction score
IMG_0004_zps93fd23c9.jpg

The bottom knife is a Masahiro 240mm Gyuto in MBA-26. Rarely used, no scratches or anything. $150 + Paypal fees and shipping CONUS

The middle knife is a Masanobu 150mm Petty/Utility in VG-10. Again, rarely used. $175 +Paypal fees and shipping CONUS

The top knife is the one I hate the most.. Shun Premier 7" Santoku. This knife has seen a lot of use on the line, no knickes or chips, just a few scratches on the surface from sharpening. $100 +Paypal fees and shipping CONUS

I am open to trades. Thank you for looking!

I apologize for the horrible picture quality, I've never been great at taking pictures and I used a horrible cell phone camera.

I have a 270mm Hattori JCK in Linen Micarta for sale as well. It has seen a lot of use, but it is still in great condition, just some scratches from sharpening. The edge is razor sharp. $225 + paypal fees and shipping ConUS

IMG_0003_zpsb1e4f8f2.jpg

I also have this 220mm White Steel Yanagiba. I posted on here a while ago asking help identifying it. There is no makers' mark on it, it just says "registered" and "white steel" according to Sara at JKI. It seems to be very well made and it is extremely comfortable to use. It does need some sharpening (I haven't messed with it too much). It's a d-shaped ho wood handle. $100 + Paypal fees and shipping ConUS.

20121128_031718.jpg

20121128_031827.jpg

Price drops:

Masahiro: $125
Masanobu: $150
Shun: $100
Hattori: $200
Yanagiba: $75

I'll pay shipping in ConUS and I'll eat the paypal fees.

Another price drop, if they still don't sell than I guess I am just destined to be stuck with them, lol.

Masahiro: $100
Masanobu: $140
Shun: $100
Hattori: $175
Yanagiba: $50

I can ship them internationally, but you have to pay shipping.
I apologize for the horrible pictures, I know it looks like the tips are gone, etc. But the tips are all there and they have never been broken/chipped. The only knife to have seen any use on the line in a professional kitchen is the hattori (I love this knife, but rarely use it anymore). The rest have only seen a very small amount of home use to play with the steels. I am a white #1 carbon fan, but I wanted to try some different stainless to see if I could find one I like... I didn't, except for the Hattori.

I am more than willing to trade them off since I am just going to use the money to get more knives. I'll consider anything/everything (including knives of lesser value if I like it).

Interested in the Masahiro as a gift to my brother-in-law. Can you give me some more details about the knife? Is it a 50/50 edge? Is this a full carbon or is there a stainless cladding of any sort?

It is a 80/20 assymetrical edge (right-handed), It is made of MBS-26 stainless and it takes a very sharp edge. If you are unfamiliar with MBS-26, it is very similar to a VG-10. The knife was used very little and it has no scuffs, knicks, etc. It sharpens relatively easily and it keeps an edge for quite a while.

Hmmm, thanks for the info. Not sure how well he will be able to maintain a 80/20 edge or even know what that is....I guess I could have it changed to a 50/50 edge. The stainless factor is good...easier for them to maintain.

If you want, I can convert it to a 50/50 edge before I ship it out, it wouldn't take me very long to do.

snowbrother, your mailbox is full, so no one can send you a pm.

Thanks for the note -- and glad it arrived safely. Best of luck with the new gig!

Ah.. thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize it was full. Thanks for the luck, I'm loving it thus far.

Hey Snowbrother. Your mailbox is full and can't send you pm. I will try again later.

Back