Quantcast
FS: Marko 225 petty/suji w/custom handle

Thread: FS: Marko 225 petty/suji w/custom handle

FS: Marko 225 petty/suji w/custom handle

Up for grabs is a brand new, unused (still has lacquer-type film on the blade) Marko 225 suji/petty practice knife with custom Marko ebony handle. I bought this almost two months ago during his last practice knife sale and got it last monday. After opening the package and handling it a bit I decided its just not a size/style of knife that ill use, so I'm offering it to you guys. It's taller than a typical suji of this length, and as you can see from the pics, allows just enough knuckle clearance to be a pretty useful line knife if you're a fan of that style. Obviously I can't say how it cuts, but by reputation if guess it'll get the job done well. Blade had just a little flex towards the tip, but I don't think you'd notice it in normal use. Its more sturdy than "laser-ish", but certainly thin at the edge. Spine and choil are rounded and polished nicely.

Marko also put a beautiful Handle on this knife which looks and feels awesome. It's Macassar ebony with nickel/silver spacer and blackwood ferrule. You can see Marko's nice pictures here in his WIP thread: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...l=1#post200582

Blade is 52100 carbon steel and measures 225 tip to heel, 238 handle to tip 38mm tall over the heel. I don't have calipers to measure widths, sorry.
    Price is $350 (which is what I paid), I pay shipping (conus), buyer covers Paypal fees ($10).
    Here are a few pics I took:

Thanks for looking. PM with questions or to call dibs.

this can't last long....

I hope not.
    I guess your sous wasn't interested, I never heard back.

What are the chances you work in DC and have the knife with you. I'm flying out this evening and would love to check it out in person

SPF

Sorry lumo, you got beat to the punch by a couple minutes.

SOLD.