Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: do you like stinky cheeses?

do you like stinky cheeses?

i eat alot of salad. every work day, a salad is my lunch. no meat.

gets boring. today, i added roasted beets and some blue cheese crumbles. WOW!! i forget out much a good stink cheese can be.

some of my office mates think i opened up a container of death.

anyone? you like smelly cheese?

Yep. If it doesn't smell like moldy gym socks, it ain't good cheese!

Yes indeed. Stinky cheese is one of those things that makes life worthwhile. Two of my favorites are Morbier from France and Cabrales from Spain.

the one I can't stand is an overly ripe tallegio but, love me some blue anything
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I can remember crossing from Germany in to France heading toward Alsace after visiting my wife's cousins. As we approached , we were overpowered by a smell. We were miles outside of Munster. I inquired what the awful smell was. I was told by a grinning companion it was a special local cheese nicknamed "Old Stinker". I've alway thought I had a pretty adventurous palete. When we arrived, try as I might , I could not get that cheese down. Everyone has their limits.

I have to say that overly ripe tallegio is one of my favorites...Sorry Son. I grant it smells like a** but makes the best grilled cheese sandwich ever...ever especially with apricot jam, thyme and bacon.

I love stinky cheese.

YES!!!
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I always called an aged cheddar stinky cheese, something like a nice 2-7 year old cheddar. Never graduated to the stinkiest of the stinky blue cheeses, yet. After reading this thread I may have to do a little cheese shopping.

Tallegio from Italy. Now that's a good funk. Constantly checking my pits to see if the smell isn't me

Quote Originally Posted by miketayl0r View Post
    Tallegio from Italy. Now that's a good funk. Constantly checking my pits to see if the smell isn't me