Quantcast
in support of Jason Collins - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: in support of Jason Collins

i just wanted to add one quick note here... i was really worried when i posted this that there might be some backlash here. I'm really happy to see that there has not been any. This speaks volumes to the type of community we have been able to create here.

I have a lot of friends who are gay. I've listened to many stories about how difficult their lives were before they were out, trying to hide a very fundamental part of who they were from everyone. I wish something like this wasn't big news, but more greeted with a shrug and a "good for him". It's not quite that way yet. I'm sure it will be eventually. Like K-nerrd, how I view someone has to do with how they treat others, their actions, and their character. Who they date or marry, whether gay or straight, is their business not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    i just wanted to add one quick note here... i was really worried when i posted this that there might be some backlash here. I'm really happy to see that there has not been any. This speaks volumes to the type of community we have been able to create here.
    I'll give you some backlash. Basketball sucks and anything good in sports should not happen in the NBA.

haha... well, the only sport i watch is MMA, so take that for what its worth

MMA? Yeah! Me too lol, but all my friends make fun of me.

not too many openly gay fighters, but a few openly lesbian fighters

Anyways, if you ever find yourself in LA, i'm always catching up on saturday night fights on sunday at the store

Man, if I'm ever in LA, I'm there

don't it just!
    Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

Thanks for posting, Jon, and nice to see so many positive responses.

Yes, this shouldn't be big news, but it is. At some point, a "story" like this will be non-news. I see Collins' courage as a significant step in the right direction.

I was thinking PGA tour.

+ Reply to Thread