Quantcast
in support of Jason Collins - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: in support of Jason Collins

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    It's interesting. The media loves it.
    It's also a shame that it's news that a man is gay.
    One thing that I'm proud of is the human diversity in my line of work. As macho as it gets and as gay as it gets, black, white or red and everything in between. In my experience it has never been an issue and only enhances the work place.
    Does that mean we're enlightened?
    + 1

As for being the first pro athlete to come out, he isn't. Most have come out after they retired, and even had a lot more backlash than what Jason is getting.
    Chewie's the man.

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Not meaning to offend you OP, but when we don't have to have these threads, true social equality will be achieved.
    Jason

Sponsors
    i agree and i look forward to the time where things like this are a non-issue... in the meantime, while change is still in progress, dialogue is important

Oops, didn't notice it was you Jon. Funny, it's pretty much a non-issue in the military despite what the media likes to dramatize.
    Jason

Sponsors
    yeah... i have a lot of friends in the military... even before dont ask dont tell, people talked and for the most part no one really cared... that being said, regardless of the place, company, or setting, even just a couple of ******** can cause huge problems

I know this is a little off topic but there is a transgendered MMA fighter in the UFC, Fallon Fox. And unfortunately her reception hasnt been too well recieved at all.
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/4/8/...ndered-fighter

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    I know this is a little off topic but there is a transgendered MMA fighter in the UFC, Fallon Fox. And unfortunately her reception hasnt been too well recieved at all.
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/4/8/...ndered-fighter
    Sorry, but a man transgendered into a women, fighting against women in the MMA is just wrong. I am all about social equality, but I gotta draw the line somewhere.
    Jason

Well, the California State Athletic Commission sees nothing wrong with it actually. And shes only the first.

Sponsors
    i dont know... the womens mma right now is stacked with amazing fighters... i'd put many of them up against men and i can see them easily winning (sometimes even at a size/weight disadvantage)... this one is a bit more tricky, but if both fighters are cool with it, i dont see a problem personally. But like i said, sometimes it can get tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    Well, the California State Athletic Commission sees nothing wrong with it actually. And shes only the first.
    This strikes me as legal positivism in the extreme. It is one thing to believe that law is right because it is law, and quite another to believe that a decision is right because somebody in a position of power decided it. The first is questionable, and oft questioned, the second seems completely untenable. It may be that it was the right decision, but that needs to be evaluated on the merits of the issue, and not on the simple fact that it was decided.