Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: in support of Jason Collins

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    But, I have no idea why you would think this is a "giant red flag".
    Because Fallon Fox was a man for 31 years, so it could be said there are issues about the safety of her fighting women.

I'm going pretty OT so I'll stop now

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...W4tVVM-;_ylv=3

Now, this is not very honorable, regardless the reasons, though understandable.

I do support people be who they are and to be treated equally.
    Yeah, not cool for him to do that to her, very unfair.

A common statement is being treated equally, though I believe we all should be treated fairly (as opposed to equally). After all, we are all not equal. We all have different talents, beliefs, and strengths/weaknesses. I do not treat everyone equally, but I am fair to everyone. I am not an "everyone gets a trophy" person.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    Agreed, but just goes to show the kind of pressure Collins (and many others like him) are under to hide who they really are.

I find it sad.

A common statement is being treated equally, though I believe we all should be treated fairly (as opposed to equally). After all, we are all not equal. We all have different talents, beliefs, and strengths/weaknesses. I do not treat everyone equally, but I am fair to everyone. I am not an "everyone gets a trophy" person.
    I don't treat everyone the same either. No one does, if they're being honest with you. We are talking about equal rights under the law. Things like shared health benefits, marriage rights and protection from discrimination on the job. In most states you can still be fired for being gay. And not to mention the loads of legal troubles gay couples can have with estates, taxes, wills, investments, adoptions and having family, distant or close, have more legal say than your partner at crucial and important times.

Equal rights under the law. That's it. No one loses anything, some just gain what most already have.

But on a lighter note, I really hope the UFC matches some good fights in the future. I don't know why exactly, but I'm getting a little board with the format and slower fights. And I appreciate the technical stuff. The UFC needs someone to shake things up a bit. Someone a little dirty lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhay View Post
    But on a lighter note, I really hope the UFC matches some good fights in the future. I don't know why exactly, but I'm getting a little board with the format and slower fights. And I appreciate the technical stuff. The UFC needs someone to shake things up a bit. Someone a little dirty lol.
    I hear Ricardo Mayorga makes his MMA debut very soon.
    He was one of the most entertaining characters in and out of the ring for many years in boxing.
    I remember when he lit a cigarette in the ring during a post fight interview.
    Should be entertaining however long it lasts.

The Henderson Melendez card was pretty awesome. Perhaps an MMA thread would be a good idea?

I don't treat everyone the same either. No one does, if they're being honest with you. We are talking about equal rights under the law. Things like shared health benefits, marriage rights and protection from discrimination on the job. In most states you can still be fired for being gay. And not to mention the loads of legal troubles gay couples can have with estates, taxes, wills, investments, adoptions and having family, distant or close, have more legal say than your partner at crucial and important times.

Equal rights under the law. That's it. No one loses anything, some just gain what most already have.

Since we are on the topic of equal rights under the law, to include financial rights. What about us single folks? I'd like to have some tax benefits for being single that those with dependents get. See, not equal. Fair? That's debatable.
    Jason

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Since we are on the topic of equal rights under the law, to include financial rights. What about us single folks? I'd like to have some tax benefits for being single that those with dependents get. See, not equal. Fair? That's debatable.
    Nope!
    you need to get married first and then learn to be miserable just like the rest of us.
    only then do you get your tax break.
    but is it really worth never getting laid?
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    Nope!
    you need to get married first and then learn to be miserable just like the rest of us.
    only then do you get your tax break.
    but is it really worth never getting laid?
    Hehehe. I really don't mind not having the breaks, because I love my freedom
    Jason