• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ittosai 330MM Honyaki Yanagiba NEW

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vai777

Reaction score
Brand New never used 330mm Honyaki Yanagiba...bought from Korin about 4 - 5 years ago. Comes with Ebony saya and pin. For those that don't know...there is a coating on these knives put on at the factory. It is done to prevent rust during shipment / display. Ittosai is the only company I know who does this but there may be more. I never removed the coating (don't know what it is, or how to get it off, though I'm sure someone on the boards here does). I still kept the knife oiled; one can never be too sure. This one has a hamon line but it is not as high contrast as some of the other knives I have sold. Can't find these anymore, not sure why but they have all but disappeared within the US on the primary market at least. First 1k takes it...

dsc0380zn.jpg

dsc0370az.jpg

dsc0371mi.jpg

dsc0372tdb.jpg

dsc0374af.jpg

dsc0375on.jpg

dsc0376nu.jpg

dsc0377wx.jpg

dsc0378fp.jpg

dsc0379b.JPG

dsc0381xu.jpg

dsc0383c.jpg

dsc0384qo.jpg

dsc0385fu.jpg

dsc0386yh.jpg

dsc0391as.jpg

dsc0390yb.jpg

dsc0392g.jpg

I have the 300 mm honyaki gyuto. Absolutely love it and use it often. Why are you selling.

:wow: ture Mizu-Honyaki & Ebony saya ........Good Luck With Sale!!

Can someone shed some light on why ittosai brand lost(?) its charm in the US?
Is it because of bad performance? or big price difference between Japan and US vendors? or just fit/finish/shape of kanji? or ???
As there are not many blade smiths who can forge a mizu-honyaki (at least this is the claim that I read on forums), the kanji (brand) on the knife really matters if or not it says ittosai vs masamoto vs nenohi??

Back