The World's 50 Best Restaurants 2013

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess giving food poisoning to the majority of your guests for an entire week doesn't help you keep the #1 spot.

alenia slipped to 15 was number 6 last year

Last years list had a nice overview where you could easily see who rose and fell. This year you have to go one by one. Going through the list there were quite a few US based places that dropped, making room for up and coming Australasia and South American places it seems.

Grant did win the "Chef's Choice" award however.

Last years list had a nice overview where you could easily see who rose and fell. This year you have to go one by one. Going through the list there were quite a few US based places that dropped, making room for up and coming Australasia and South American places it seems.

Grant did win the "Chef's Choice" award however.
I saw that, I also don't think this is the same list I was comparing against as last year. Maybe it was food and wine that Alenia was 6. I noticed a ton of Brazilian, Spanish, Australian, South African, and Mexican restaurants moved onto the list. 2 in Mexico city, 3-4 in Spain with it holding #1 which hasn't been done since El Bulli, and others.

Good to get a new # 1, from what I've heard the Roca-brothers really deserved it, and the restaurant at the top 10 are all so good in their separate ways so good to mix up the top. Had hoped to see the norwegian Maaemo on the list but its a though group of restaurants, a lot of good chefs!

I saw that, I also don't think this is the same list I was comparing against as last year. Maybe it was food and wine that Alenia was 6. I noticed a ton of Brazilian, Spanish, Australian, South African, and Mexican restaurants moved onto the list. 2 in Mexico city, 3-4 in Spain with it holding #1 which hasn't been done since El Bulli, and others.

You were close, they were 7th last year.

11 madison park is the best meal i have ever had in my life.

#18: You don't like my food? Get outta here.

Slightly unrelated but the Cellar de Can Roca cook book drops this week...#1 and a cook book release in the same week has to be a good feeling for them....Joan Roca's Sous Vide cookbook was a revelation when it came out and now this ...talk about game changers

Very diverse list and interesting. I wonder how extensive their 'research' must be though? No restaurant from China or India in there. Perhaps the judges don't visit?

There were some drastic drops and gains. Iggy's dropped out if the top 50. Both Narisawa and Ryugin gained. Attica was the one that surprised me the most though!

It's nice to see two of Keller's spots on the list again. But surprised Noma didn't drop more. Not really, I've talked to people who have eaten there, so they deserve it, but with the controversy last year, it's hard for people to move on.

None from Canada? Europea, in Montreal is hands down the best meal I've eaten, as The Only on King, in London is damn good.

Back