Quantcast
Misono Sweden 270 Suji - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Misono Sweden 270 Suji

Thanks Lefty that pretty much made the decision for me.

Trigger pulled and knife ordered - hopefully it will turn up in time for my birthday on Tuesday. Big thanks to my girlfriend for a lovely present.

So now any advice on what I need to do to look after this knife (it being my first experience with carbon) will be doubly welcome.

Please also feel free to chime in with any more "This is a great knife you are going to love it" style comments though!

I came here asking for advice on a $60 Henckels 3 months ago, and now have (or nearly have) north of $300 of knives, and am considering a honesuki from Jon Broida! I might have to stop this, I mean I can't even cook.

"Don't stop get it get it..."
    You are going to love the Misono. I just recently pulled the trigger on my 240 gyuto and now I have no clue as to why I had waited so long. I clearly was missing out. What a great knife! Fun watching the patina grow on it and as said before- there's a freaking Dragon on it! You get to name it, and feed it and bath it and so on!

Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    ...am considering a honesuki from Jon Broida!
    Just spoke on IM with my sister in California and asked if she would be happy to bring over a knife for me when she comes next month, and she said "Not really...". What is it with some people and sharp kitchen knives that they think they are some kind of BAD THING? Any advice on how to set people at ease about these things?

Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    "Don't stop get it get it..."
    You are going to love the Misono. I just recently pulled the trigger on my 240 gyuto and now I have no clue as to why I had waited so long. I clearly was missing out. What a great knife! Fun watching the patina grow on it and as said before- there's a freaking Dragon on it! You get to name it, and feed it and bath it and so on!
    Great marc this is EXACTLY what I need to hear!!! Already planning horseradish & beef joint to get her going. I am thinking I will need to get a REALLY GOOD joint of beef to properly christen this knife.

Just spoke on IM with my sister in California and asked if she would be happy to bring over a knife for me when she comes next month, and she said "Not really...". What is it with some people and sharp kitchen knives that they think they are some kind of BAD THING? Any advice on how to set people at ease about these things?
    If anyone can figure this one out, please let my GF know!! She is content using a steak knife to cut EVERYTHING!

Chris

I wish I could shed light on this. I can't. I will say this, I have a game I play when I visit people's homes. I can evaluate with great accuracy, the level of sharpness of the knives in a home without actually touching or examining the knives. I just watch what they do. I locate the fancy knife block set which was undoubtedly a wedding gift, then based upon which of the knives the homeowner pulls out, I know immediately just how sharp they are. If they're using the boning knife or paring knife for all the cutting, then all the larger knives are dull. If they reach for one of the steak knives, they're all dull. I actually joke about this when I teach knife skills. Sadly, it's not just a joke. I've become very skilled at this game.