I'm Back - and some Holiday Snaps

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillC

Reaction score
Hello All, I have returned from conquering the great Welsh Coast.:D I got a bit wet from time to time, especially in the mountains, so not too many photo stops. But I had a wonderful time. I'm just replying to e-mails and pm's today. Very nice to come back and find orders waiting. I'm very excited to get back in the workshop tomorrow:biggrin:
Some pics,
All loaded up....and fresh rubber

Pembrokshire Coast at Trifin.

The Mill at Trifin

Snowdon Coast before Barmouth, This road follows every wiggle an inlet of the Coast. Wide open on one side, mountains on the other.

Barmouth

Was pretty bad visibility on Angelsea, but found a lovely wiggly coast road in the north east. Had to get a picture of this house in the fog.

I did not get to do the fish beach roast, maybe next time I can share my culinary beach skills. Its a bit like Rick stein crossed with Gollum beating a fish over the head:cheffry:
It was a fab time. The Bike did well, a few cosmetic bits fell off, the rear hugger went somehow and I lost the front fairing bolt and had to make a pit stop to find a 6mm bolt to hold it on. The side fairings are just off from working on it, and I thought I may as well leave them off for the trip for cleaning and checking for leaks and stuff. I've ridden the bike all through winter to and from the workshop bar a few days of really bad snow. I'll tidy it up this winter so I can chop it in for something else, maybe something a bit more upright.:biggrin:

Wow! Looks like a perfect vacation, Will. Slightly envious

solo road trip with the bike, very cool!!:eek:vg:thanks for share.......welcome back to the knife world:D

Glad you had a good time! but man how can you ride that tiny saddle, my butt hurts & I'm just looking at it. haven't they heard about
stuff called padding or my lord even springs under the seat!!

Thanks fellas, was a fun trip. I took quite allot of video, most of it is pretty foggy. Infact the only sunny day, there seems to be condensation in the lens. Oh!
Actually the sporting riding position seems to suit my frame. I have lower back troubles from my heavy forge work days and leant a bit forward means there is no weight on the lower back, it feels quite heeling. But yeah after 2 hours the bum do go numb.:D
I am trying to get by with just riding a motorcycle this summer, to save cash apart from anything else. So far not so good. I dropped a valve on the way back from the forest on sunday, 2nd gear is on the way out too, so i'm just going to change the engine over and sell this one. Shame but it is a bit small to be bullet proof transport. So the little Puch and this one will be going. I have been trying to source something else at a bargain price that will hopefully not cost me any time/money fixing. The good old Puch maxi is currently getting me to work and the shops but as it does not run terribly well in the wet, and does tend to need the timing and plugs fiddled with regularly....its not the most reliable beast,, but it is quite fun.:lol2:
Anyway I have the next steed. I cant afford it, but the sale of the puch and cbr will cover it ultimately.
Its a bargain, as its high mileage, but as it turns out a bit of a peach, one owner since new, wanted for nothing....hope I don't trash it too much with all my commuting in all weathers... I pick it up on saturday:bliss:

A 1999 Triumph sprint st 955i.
I had a long test ride, and I would have to say, after riding on this, I could certainly describe the cbr as a little uncomfortable. :lol2:

I know what you mean. I enjoy the thump off the bottom end with a single and some twins. But this one has plenty of grunt. I have test rode one of the new tiger 800's and this 955i feels more grunty at the bottom, at the top the grunt is replaced by horse power. So should work out great for the road and not fussed which gear its in. The new 800 had more at the top and less at the bottom.
I had not intended to get a Triumph st, but the price was too appealing as I think they are not currently as cool and desirable as adventure bikes/naked street bikes. Also when I saw it all red and curvy in person I fell in love.:D The other bike I was looking at was a VFR but it had sold. You can tell the theme is a hopefully invincible and overbuilt machine. Fingers crossed.
I have heard Triumphs described as an exotic in the States, I like that, as I suppose in the uk they would be considered something of the old dependable, great build but maybe not the latest technology. Of course Triumph have worked hard now with their gadgets. The fueling on this feels spot on, which was a surprise on an early injected bike.

A good friend has had a couple of these, (some crashed out) and they are very dependable, comfortable and fast. I think that you will be very happy with it! Best of Moto luck!

Back