Quantcast
Hard lesson learned: Never trust your co-workers. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hard lesson learned: Never trust your co-workers.

That is extremely generous of you guys, but the new job doesn't pay as much and with the longer commute + moving, my funds are going to be short for a while. I honestly don't know when I will be able to buy new knives to replace them.

If your knives cannot be protected then VENGEANCE must be dealt.

Although the police might deem this to be a waste of time, it's worth it to get on file at least. Get it on record with names and details. It's best to get the ball rolling. Who knows, you may not be the only victim. Also there may be outside cameras that they would have access to.
    "Into a country where the jails are full, and the mad houses closed." - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    I can lend you a suji, a deba and a honesuki until you can get replacements, if you'd like. PM me.

Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    PM me as well and let me know what you need to get by. That's what PIF is for.
    I gotta tell ya, I've only been a member of this forum for a couple of months but this isn't the first time I've seen this kind of response. You truly are some stand up kind of guys and I salute you

I'll be upgrading to a paid membership next payday.
    Available handles- http://s64.photobucket.com/user/mkri...able%20handles

Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Snowbrother that is exactly what the pay it forward knifes r for. Many here have given them for this reason and also to get new guys some great tools they can use. No payment is needed unless you want to pay for shipping.

I would also take Pensacola Tiger and Lefty have great knives you could "Try out for a while", which I would take advantage of.

Also Mr. Drinky was doing a loan out libary.

mkriggen: It is a great place to sit back and spend hours reading and conversing (believe me). Also being able to upload photo's makes it even more so.

I hope the person-'s responsible is caught and dealt with in the future. Good luck with the next place. Hope it is a better step in your path.
    Chewie's the man.

New job? Then definitely call the cops. Screw em.

;- (

I'm not sure I have much that would be of use in your work, but I've got an AS 210 gyuto that I just tuned up and could share if it would help.

" Unfortunately, while I was busy cooking orders so the rest of the guys could leave... one of them walked out with one of my knife kits. "

Quote Originally Posted by snowbrother View Post
    The problem is that I'm just a cook. The other three people present were chefs. They don't want to risk losing them over accusations, so they basically told me to suck it up and deal with it (in a much more hr friendly way). The police cant do anything without proof that I saw them.
    Feel Sorry for you too. I hate things being stolen as my person wld have been violated.

I wld definitely insist that they tehy their job! if you dont, they will not come over and deal with other cases. A police report must be made as what if it appears at a crime scene and yr finger print is on it? Police shld investigate and get proof .. that's what they are for in the first place. The very minimum, shld haul in those that we working with you then.

Pester them if you have to as it is yr right..

The employers attitude is "HR friendly", what about being HR friendly to you? They will have to do something about it and the message they are sending is... it;s all right to steal in the work place. Doesn't sound like a good place to work in teh first place and you have nothing to lose by pursuing the matter. Do what is right and needed..

Good luck.

rgds
    d

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by zitangy View Post
    " Unfortunately, while I was busy cooking orders so the rest of the guys could leave... one of them walked out with one of my knife kits. "

Feel Sorry for you too. I hate things being stolen as my person wld have been violated.

I wld definitely insist that they tehy their job! if you dont, they will not come over and deal with other cases. A police report must be made as what if it appears at a crime scene and yr finger print is on it? Police shld investigate and get proof .. that's what they are for in the first place. The very minimum, shld haul in those that we working with you then.

Pester them if you have to as it is yr right..

The employers attitude is "HR friendly", what about being HR friendly to you? They will have to do something about it and the message they are sending is... it;s all right to steal in the work place. Doesn't sound like a good place to work in teh first place and you have nothing to lose by pursuing the matter. Do what is right and needed..

Good luck.

rgds
    d
    +10 I would also let everyone know that I worked with what had happened, and how the employer is handling it. Even if you are moving with the same company.
    Chewie's the man.

I talked to the police after work and they did a report, they said there isn't much they could do without actually seeing them take it or a surveillance video or something, but at least it is on file. I told all the other cooks there to watch their knives close, as well as spreading word around to other restaurants that I know cooks/chefs in. The current restaurant might now do anything about it, but word spreads fast in kitchens.

You guys are extremely generous. I hope to be in the position to help people out in the future as you guys have helped me. I will never forget this, this is a truly amazing community.

I have a vintage carbon steel chinese slicer if you like, It was my first knife I ever bought and will take a hair poppin edge. yours if you treat her right. Might be able to dig up some other pieces too. send me a pm and we'll get the ball rolling
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I nearly wept when I had one knife disappear. My whole kit...I cannot even imagine the loss. Hope something good comes out of this for you.

+ Reply to Thread