Tojiro ITK Break Knife on cutleryandmore.com

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPizzzle

Reaction score
Hey all,

Not sure if this is old news, but I just wanted to let you folks know that cutleryandmore.com sells the Tojiro ITK break knife for $60 with free shipping. I just got mine in the mail today :biggrin:

I know people love this knife and prefer not to buy from the other site. I guess it's not exclusive to that site as it states in the product page and it's $10 cheaper.

-Can't wait to cut some big bad loafs of bread with this slick guy! :knife:

JP

PS.-here's a link to the knife (i'm not affiliated with the site and if not allowed to put the link-mod's please remove):

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/tojiro/itk-bread-knife-p124765

This has been there awhile but yes I'd rather buy it cheaper from there.

weren't they made special for the site that shall remain unnamed?

I think that he might have been a victim of his own tactics on this one. I recall that he had Tojiro copy the MAC SB105 but then Tojiro flipped the script on him and let others sell it too. :)

If I didn't already have a Mac I'd be all over this deal.

Fear of the name just gives him more power, just call him by his real name...Voldemort. :devilburn: :muahaha:

Sounds like a good deal. I think that's actually a little cheaper than most shops here in Japan.

Sounds like a good deal. I think that's actually a little cheaper than most shops here in Japan.

this is actually a common occurrence among internet shops in the US due to fierce online price-wars with little to no regard for the effect it may have on the maker and/or brand overall

I got my tojiro there also. Good deal and they offer coupons every now and then as well. I think I got mine at 20% off.

I already had mine from there, but I ordered another one last month for the guy in Hawaii building my uke. He used to make knives. He was thrilled with his.

How do you go about sharpening the serrated scallops? a chisel stone?

How do you go about sharpening the serrated scallops? a chisel stone?

Scalloped knives that are flat on the opposite side can be sharpened.Slip stones either Arkansas oil or slip whetstones work.The thin rounded part of the stone fits in the scallop.A chisel stone can also do the job.Then you can use the flat of the slip to remove any burr & polish up the back.I've sharpened mostly wavy edge Forschners thats the frontline sandwich knife of choice over here.

Bought this knife a couple months ago after a couple people here recommended it on another thread, and now my guys are begging me to buy one for the restaurant cuz they love using it so much. we sell these sliders on King's hawaiian sweet rolls- it's very soft bread and if your non-scalloped knife isnt ridiculously sharp they easily smashand disfigure. This baby goes right through them with little or no pressure and they hold their shape- and it still performs after thousands of loaves with no sharpening or care at all aside from cleaning and proper storage. great knife, great deal. Also thanks for the sharpening tip Keith, that will come in handy:)

Back