Quantcast
Who wears a neck knife? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who wears a neck knife?

I was about to buy the dogfish, until I saw everyone complaining about the extremely loose sheath.
    What's your opinion on that sheath Tiger?

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    I'd love to borrow one of your Carter to familiarize myself with what a neck knife is - never held one in my hand. Like the idea of a fixed blade small knife, though would probably not wear it on my neck.

M
    as soon as I get my new one, I'll send you 2
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by xuz View Post
    I was about to buy the dogfish, until I saw everyone complaining about the extremely loose sheath.

Get the real deal, the fit and finish on a real Tom krein Dogfish is awesome and his Kydex sheath is perfect.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post

Get the real deal, the fit and finish on a real Tom krein Dogfish is awesome and his Kydex sheath is perfect.
    I see you've got a mid-tech, like I do. Mine's CPM154. Is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by xuz View Post
    I've got a mid-tech, and the sheath is different. Mine's not loose at all.

Thanks Tiger. I'll have to look into that.

Marko your PM inbox is full.
    I'll ship it out on Monday.

@Pensacola, my Krein is also CPM154.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

I got the CRKT version of the Dogfish (this is like 2 weeks ago) to see if i liked neckers.
    The sheath is worthless. Unless pushing the knife really hard past what should have been the "click"-point it will not be even close to secure. This was obvious already from the first opening of the package. The knife remains unworn due to this.

Wrote to the guys i got it from and CRKT and they are shipping out a new one after commenting that maybe it was too hard... Still waiting for it.
    Also be aware that CRKT apparently has discontinued the knife and spare sheaths may be scarce going forward.

I originally wanted the "real" Krein mid-tech but could not find them available anywhere.

I also got a Boker Grasshopper (also a Krein design) for fun. That one has some of the problems that Lefty is writing about, if you use the thumb to push against the sheath when opening you end up VERY close to the edge when it releases. It has a nice click though.

Robin, I would be interested to hear how the replacement sheath fits. I ordered one of these this morning, $15 through Amazon, hoping I can just fix the sheath with a heat gun if necessary. If I like the neck knife I will need to have one of the forum guys make something for me.

It will be a while (it will be shipped to the US and then on to Sweden), but i'll update the thread when it gets here.
    Bought mine at Amazon as well.

I might attempt to fix it with a heat gun or just chuck it in the oven....