Quantcast
FS: Ashi Hamono Cleaver - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: Ashi Hamono Cleaver

Just thinking: these days everything's made in China and this style of knife originates from China, and so doubly ironic how the best Chinese cleavers most probably are not made in China.

Quote Originally Posted by connie View Post
    why the cleaver is so expensive?
    compare between made in China & made in Japan Cleaver....fit and finish, quality control & mostly "labor"

2010 Asia hourly manufacturing compensation rate costs:
    HK $24
    China $7
    Japan $85
    Korea $62
    Philippines $4
    Singapore $36
    Taiwan $27
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Quote Originally Posted by connie View Post
    why the cleaver is so expensive?
    Depends on the buyer and what they consider expensive to be.
    This one compared to Takeda cleaver, or Tadatsuna, or Mizuno, or Hatori, is cheap.
    This cleaver was made by my custom specifications, and flawless fit and finish, for that money it is cheap.
    As you see when you say expensive or cheap you have to take into account what the item is and how it was made and all those things, it is not just the price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    Depends on the buyer and what they consider expensive to be.
    This one compared to Takeda cleaver, or Tadatsuna, or Mizuno, or Hatori, is cheap.
    This cleaver was made by my custom specifications, and flawless fit and finish, for that money it is cheap.
    As you see when you say expensive or cheap you have to take into account what the item is and how it was made and all those things, it is not just the price tag.
    understand
    keep going..