Masakage Yuki series

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkriggen

Reaction score
Anybody familiar with the Masakage Yuki series of knives? I'm looking at buying a 75mm Petty and a 130mm Ko-Bunka.:scratchhead:

havent tried them yet. but they do look like good cutters. that video "review" was impressive. the Shimo series looks interesting as well.

If they are like the Mizu series I have then they will be a little thick but very good work horses.

I have had numerous knives from the masakage line ups, none have disappointed yet. And they are a pleasure to deal with at knifewear.

No experience with them, but.... That 130 bunka looks like a fun little knife.

havent tried them yet. but they do look like good cutters. that video "review" was impressive. the Shimo series looks interesting as well.

Video review? Is that on the Knifewear site? I wasn't able to find it, could you post the link?

I received a 150mm Masakage Yuki petty from Knifewear...it holds a screaming edge and with the stainless cladding (sp?) there is very little worry about corrosion.

I use the petty, keeping it in a kydex sheath with a pocket clip in the right front pocket (under the apron), as a utility knife, with no corrosion to date.

-Michael

I have had numerous knives from the masakage line ups, none have disappointed yet. And they are a pleasure to deal with at knifewear.

I love Knifewear!! It's so dangerous to walk into the shop though. I always walk out with something.

Back