Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Foodies that post bad review and don't know what there talking about?

We get it all the time at work. People have no idea of the ingredients contained in a dish and complain about this. Our osso bucco at work is pork shank and clearly states so...review said it was the worst veal he had ever had-i would hope so. My last job a person said that the roasted beat salad was too earthy....really? have you had a beet before?

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    **** you *****! Whoever invented the word foodie can go **** themselves too!
    Couldn't agree more Rick. The audacity of some of these schmucks is unbelievable. But I guess that's what happens in a society where everybody is encouraged to believe that they're exceptional, unique individuals whose opinions really matter and deserve to be heard...by everyone.
    I wonder if prostitutes have to deal with this crap in their industry?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

It's much, much easier in our society to acquire the pittance of knowledge necessary to destroy things than it is to work to obtain the depth of understanding necessary to create them. Ask the freshmen in college who are "empowered" by universities to critique their professors' grasp of their subjects.

At the end of the day, we'd all like to feel a semblance of control over our world--and in the world of Yelp and Twitter, that comes easier through vomiting our preferences at all and sundry than it does from actually creating anything.

I'm going to find some Scotch...

@HELDENTENOR-- words of wisdom. well put my man

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    Couldn't agree more Rick. The audacity of some of these schmucks is unbelievable. But I guess that's what happens in a society where everybody is encouraged to believe that they're exceptional, unique individuals whose opinions really matter and deserve to be heard...by everyone.
    We are whores, remember!
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    We are whores, remember!
    The trick is finding a position where you can be a high priced call girl rather than a crack whore.

If that girl comes in again, tell her she should wear her hair in a long ponytail so that you have a handle to use when you try to pull her head out of her butt.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

That's alright. I had six people yesterday return the spicy vegetarian chili because they didn't know it was going to be spicy. It clearly says spicy vegetarian chili stewed with chipotle chilies. This is spicy! idiot New Yorkers. Like my cook says," its called chili for a reason and not chilly for a reason."
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Its laughable how wrong people are. And how strongly they assert their wrong opinions.

Even worse I find are food critics. Its amazing how many things they get wrong. The place I work at now has had a few articles written recently, positive reviews, but their facts and descriptions are so off. And this is AFTER multiple fact checking emails and calls. It amazes me how people have no idea what they eat, especially when they are eating it for a living. Bunch of idiots

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    There are definitely review boards for prostitues. I have the feeling they deal with the same thing.

restaurant rated #1 - reviewer comments about their worst dish saying it's the best they've ever had talking about **** that's not even relevant to food quality.
    restaurant rated #50 - reviewer comments about their best dish that everybody goes there for and says it's the worst theyve ever had because it's not rated high talking about aspects/flavor profiles that aren't even in the dish.

end of story.