• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS - 5 Coticules

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Magnus

Reaction score
Time to make some room. Thought i would post this here aswell, maybe someone wants one for kitchen knives :) coticules are normaly used for razors, and i would say its becouse of the price / size and the fact that thay leave an edge compared to around 8 to 10k grit. and the BBW side 5k

All coticules are lapped

DSC03767_zps0d8f88cb.jpg

DSC03765_zpsf0c60739.jpg

DSC03768_zps908ef470.jpg

DSC03769_zps8960e6fa.jpg

DSC03771_zpscb999521.jpg

shipping price, i need to check when thay are boxed.

From left to right

1. coticule is a Kosher graded La Veinette from Ardennes i got from Mod (Mark).
Natural combo with BBW. It was abit to smal for my taste so i rather let someone els enjoy it
130mm x 35mm (coticule thickness 9-10mm) asking 95 euro + shipping

2. This is a vintage coticule medium hard that was mounted in a woodpaddel that i took apart and glued the bbw and coticule back toghetter with 2-comp epoxy. the stone has some areas on the sides that are chipped but nothing that effects the honing.
144mm x 27mm (coticule thickness 5-6mm) asking 35 euro + shipping

3. Vintage hard coticule with nice patterns and a great color. in very good shape. not sure if its a glued or natural combo. but its BBW combo.
180mm x 43mm (coticule thickness 4-5mm) asking 80 euro + shipping

4. Long vintage soft/medium coticule with some pink/red spots.
natural bbw combo.
199mm x 47mm (coticule thickness 3-4mm) asking 70 euro + shipping

5. Large Ardennes Select Grade glued slate coticule with wood box. this stone is massive. i paid over 200 euro for it. this one is a great size for kitchen knives :)
200mm x 60mm ( coticule thickness 12-14mm) asking 160 euro + shipping

#5 is a select grade. medium fast with slurry and slow on water. leaves a smooth shaving edge.

Hi Magnus,

Started straight razor honing a few months ago and still like. Now I'm looking for a coticule to keep my razors sharp. Do you still have #4 and #5 for sale. I'm interested in them. As I'm new to this forum I cannot PM you yet, that's why reply to you in this thread.

Regards,

Niels

Back