Favourite knife.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trescoekid

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been done to death already, but if it's not too boring: what is the best knife you ever bought and why? What about your dream knife? (with pictures). and the one that got away, or even the one you wish had got away.....

the best knife i ever bought is a ashi hamono cleaver in white no2. its my most used knife, gonna buy one in aeb-l soon, so that i dont have issues preparing onions.

Sorry if this has been done to death already, but if it's not too boring: what is the best knife you ever bought and why? What about your dream knife? (with pictures). and the one that got away, or even the one you wish had got away.....

Well, my favourite knife, is a 150mm petty in VG10 from Endeavour Denmark. Nothing special with it until now, but it was my 1st higher quality knife so I am emotionally attached to it :)

It is a bit thick but I am in the process of thining it and also I am trying to etch it to reveal the damascus. It takes a good edge (30d total) and it maintain it for a long time.

1365242166-Endeavour_1small.JPG

1365242248-Endeavour_2small.JPG

For me, it's like trying to pick my favorite child. :)
That said, the ones I use most are Shun Fuji 6" (more like 7") gyuto, Kai Tan Ren paring knife, Hiromoto AS 270mm gyuto. In about that order.

Congratulations, Clayton, that was fast...
I must admit I flattened the first few inches from the heel, but you got it.

:bliss:

the weld line at the handle was what made me think it could be one.

Right now there are 2--Heiji and Marko. Totally different knives though and they complement each other very well.

Sugimoto Cleaver #7 followed by Masamoto KS gyuto 240mm depending on the mood of course. =)

CCK 1303 and 12" American Grinding ODC chefs. Both get equal use, at home and work. These are my two favs. If I had to choose, it'd be the 1303. One of my cheapest, but by far my favorite.

DT ITK so far. Have a Marko and Mario on order.

Would love to work with a DT ITK. I have limited experience. I love my Carter 7.1 Sun, but right now the Kochi Migaki is the best knife I've held.

+1 Sugimoto #7. Just an all round great cutter and super comfy despite it's heft. Dunno what'd be second, maybe Azuma minamoto gyuto, not my best knife but I enjoy using it, it's kinda of a quirky one.

Takeda 280mm Gyuto w/mhenry handle!
I call it the Green Monster.
Big thanks to Mr. Henry for turning me into a Takeda fan!

250 DT Mystery Carbon San Mai. Nice and thin and the most important thing, the perfect edge profile.

Latest posts

Back