Available sujihiki!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Davis

Reaction score
It is not often i get to just make something, but sometimes you just need to have a distraction from the projects that are kicking your butt. So i have been working on this one for some months, and finally got it finished.
Western Sujihiki
287mm on edge. 42mm tall at the heel. 3.2mm at the spine, slow distal taper until half way, then tapering to a very fine point.
284 grams. Steel is 1095, at roughly 62rc, Differentially heat treated to show a wicked hamon.
Handle is 130mm long and is Indonesian ebony and pink dyed quilted maple from Craig Stevens. Over all length is 416mm
Price is $725 + shipping and paypal fees. will come with a basic( Not cardboard and duct tape) saya made out of balsa and curly maple

Sorry if some of the pictures look funny, the knife has a coating of food grade mineral oil on it.

Really nice looking knife Mike. I would probably love to have it, but there are other things in my future. :D

Fantastic Hamon:doublethumbsup:

This one just became available again folks! There is a saya with it also. Sorry for the crappy pic.
20130508_084318_zps4cbb97ad.jpg

Dude's gotta get his priorities straight... :D

I want this thing soooo bad. I just can't swing it at the moment. Beautiful knife =)

In honor of mothers day, I am dropping this to $700 shipped conus. Thanks for the kind words folks

somebody get it. Mine is badass! Cuts amazing and my chef knife too. Mine just don't have sayas.:dontknow:

Mike, nice suji....but I'm Wa-handle person! western full tang handle just not my thing:(

Wow, nice work someone is going to get a hell of a deal...

ugh someone please get this. I haven't been coming here because to many sweet knives for sale. UGGGGG

Back