Quantcast
WTB light-duty stainless santoku

Thread: WTB light-duty stainless santoku

WTB light-duty stainless santoku

Looking for a cheap ($50-80) santoku or small gyuto for the wife, finally convinced her that the Chef Ramsay squishy-handled thing she's been using is a POS and would be better gracing a landfill somewhere. Stainless chef knives of really any ilk would also be of interest, same price range, same general size. Nothing you've loved please, I'm still working on getting her not to accidentally soak knives in the sink overnight with the other dishes. (Maybe she's trying to cut one of my fingers off... hmmm Fear not knife knuts, all my beauties are safely out of harm's way in the office at work! Got any clunkers laying around? Thanks all!
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

I've got a Wuesthoff Ikon santoku that might work if you're interested. It's the 14 cm one, so it's pretty small. Not a bad little knife, tho.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Fujiwara makes a santoku in their FKM line that is well in your price range brand new and they are awesome. They make a 180mm gyuto also if she would like that more.

Quote Originally Posted by greasedbullet View Post
    Fujiwara makes a santoku in their FKM line that is well in your price range brand new and they are awesome. They make a 180mm gyuto also if she would like that more.
    Thanks GBullet, who sells the Fujiwaras?
    Restaurant Murphy's Law 101: If you have 5 and don't prep any, you'll sell 6. If you do prep some, you'll sell 4

I'd consider one of the Tanakas from E-bay. VG10 steel and a subtle damascus. My wife has the wa version and loves it. I mainly sharpen it and for being a VG10 knife it's not too bad. Thin behind the edge and cuts well.
    Apparently i have taken it as far as the steel goes because nowadays she is experiensing some minor chipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-Shi...item5af11ef98b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-Dam...item3a80d3284f

If buying from 330-mate, please be aware that his delivery time is sometimes long and there has been some discussions on the knifeboards you should read before ordering.

www.thiswebsightshallnotbenamed.com has them. Also Japanesechefsknife.com has them. The FKM is the stainless line.

Thanks GBullet, who sells the Fujiwaras?
    jck!

http://www.japanesechefsknife.com/FKMSeries.html#FKM

Quote Originally Posted by greasedbullet View Post
    www.thiswebsightshallnotbenamed.com has them. Also Japanesechefsknife.com has them. The FKM is the stainless line.
    Thanks! Looked on their site before I posted (JCK not the other one) and didn't see them, but I found it now. Also thanks to Franzb, thats how I found it