Quantcast
New Video- Gesshin Ginga Knives
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Video- Gesshin Ginga Knives

Sponsors

New Video- Gesshin Ginga Knives

Lately I have quite a few customers ask me about these knives... the profile, grind, fit and finish, etc. I thought it might be easiest if i made a video about them. My hope is that this video will help you get a better sense of what these knives are like. As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

You can find the Gesshin Ginga series here on our website:
    Gesshin Ginga

Also, you can read about our Gesshin line (history and philosophy) here:
    Gesshin

That 210 wa petty looks nice. Don't have anything in my bag like that at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Youtube
    Up Next: Razy Gogonea - Britain's Got Talent 2011 Audition
    Good job youtube, a natural follow up to this video.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Sponsors
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Up Next: Razy Gogonea - Britain's Got Talent 2011 Audition

Good job youtube, a natural follow up to this video.
    Pure awesomeness

On a separate note, i'm curious what you guys think of videos like this. Are they helpful? Are there other things you would like to see? Clearly i cant just go and use every knife in our inventory, but maybe there are different angles or shots that you guys think would be good.

I know that shopping by only looking at pictures can be tough, so i want to make the experience as good as possible. Hopefully you have a good sense of the knife by the time you choose to order it (or not).

Anyways, i'm curious to hear feedback on the video type/style.

Thanks.

-Jon

I like the videos. Having multiple knives in one shot, and showing them in hand helps me picture the size more than a photograph.

The first time you picked up one of the gyutos off the cutting board, I could tell it was pretty thin by the sound it made, before you mentioned it or showed the spine.

Sponsors
    cool... i'll try to do some more of these kinds of videos soon then.

I just realized that next time i need to have the Boardsmith logo facing the camera... not facing me . Awesome cutting board!!!

Fujiwara videos!!

close-up still shots of rounded spine and choil, and its benefits. Pictures of store and history (establish connection to consumer), for those who do not know you. (unless you are only selling to members here)

what separates your store from the hundreds of others out there that sell Japanese cutlery ie: warranty, return service, online/phone support, lead them to your website, create an urgency (Knives sell out quickly)(limited supplies) etc.

with the explosion of Japanese cutlery on the market, a lot of consumers are more confused then ever. You need to, in a sense, hold there hand and lead them to your place.

So as these knives seem to be pretty thin (laser-esque perhaps?), I was wondering if you could provide a comparison of these knives to--say--the konosuke hds?

i actually really like those western handled gyutos. i personally prefer wa-gyuto style more but my wife still prefers yo-gyutos. maybe this will be her next step up from the hiromoto AS that can see the end of its days in the near future.

i like the video better than the pictures. good job jon

I got the 210 petty from Jon not too long ago. I couldn't believe how thin it was. Nice edge OOTB; gets a razor sharp edge very easily. Very versatile knife.

+ Reply to Thread