Quantcast
One Recipe. Only one. And you vouch for it. - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: One Recipe. Only one. And you vouch for it.

I'll search, but it's more inspiration ā la Adam Perry Lang.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by skiajl6297 View Post
    Jim - that looks awesome. Does the meat come out braised but intact? Thinking of trying this (and also feeding to my toddler) who loved everything pasta - just curious about how the chunks turn out.

Yes the meat stays together as they are only in the sauce for about an hour. If you wanted to you could substitute ground veal as well.. like most of these things it's just a place to start.

My go-to for guests is the forum bird, but that's been done to death around here, so I'll go with Coniglio All' Ischitana. Something about rabbit in garlicky tomato sauce just makes me happy. I like it with lots of thick sauce and a hunk of bread to mop it up.

A go-to around the house that I do a lot I ripped off from some seafood place I went to in Vancouver. Basically all it is is sauteed chicken (they used breasts, I use thighs) and mushrooms in a Hoisin sauce wrapped in lettuce. It takes like 10 minutes and makes the wife happy. Reheats well too.

Home made popcorn.

1 handful of popcorn kernels, unless you prefer more. or less.
    enough oil to coat the kernels and have a small pool underneath.
    I like EVOO, and grapeseed oil, esp lemon-infused varieties...though I did have 1 garlic infused oil that was suprerb (most of them are awful)
    garlic salt, to taste. Must be applied immediately after removing from heat.
    pan about 12-15X the volume of the corn you are using, about 4 qt for one z-sized handful.

place 'corn and oil in pan with loose-fitting lid over high-heat
    pop until popping slows to 1 kernel/s....-ish
    dump in bowl, immediately salt...stainless steel mixing bowl is traditional

total time: 10-ish minutes...if you clean your pan while it's hot.

Been enjoying and developing this recipe/approach for nearly 20 years, hope you enjoy it too!
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    Home made popcorn.

I like EVOO, and grapeseed oil, esp lemon-infused varieties...though I did have 1 garlic infused oil that was suprerb (most of them are awful)
    pan about 12-15X the volume of the corn you are using, about 4 qt for one z-sized handful.

Been enjoying and developing this recipe/approach for nearly 20 years, hope you enjoy it too!
    Replace your garlic salt with vinegar powder and Maldon salt and you've got my recipe. Salt and vinegar everything!

Funnily enough, my true go-to (especially for a crowd where I need to truly entertain as well as cook) would also be a Bolognese. I started with this recipe, and have customized from there, but it's rarely the same thing twice. I always skip the celery, usually skip the liver, and often sub the meat (just use a salty meat then a meaty meat). It's always a hit, probably because everyone hears "bolognese" and then expects Prego "Meat" Sauce.

My Chiles Rellenos.. If only they took a quarter of the time they take to make!

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    Thomas Keller's Fried Chicken from Ad Hoc, hands down an unbelievable dish every time! I'll take a photo of the recipe tomorrow.
    Have this cookbook, now I need to make this recipe tomorrow night! MMMMM fried chicken with some redskin potato salad.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    The Pommes Boulangere from Coliccio's Craft of Cooking is so badass. It's a PITA to peel a bunch of fingerling potatoes, but it's sooooooooooooooooooooooo worth it.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    Home made popcorn.

I do this too. One trick I use is I cover the pan with a pizza screen so the steam can escape easier. Makes for more excitement and a louder popping noise which is fun too.

+ Reply to Thread