Quantcast
One Recipe. Only one. And you vouch for it.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One Recipe. Only one. And you vouch for it.

One Recipe. Only one. And you vouch for it.

We all have certain 'recipes' that produce our go-to meals: those dishes that we make when we want a sure bet for guests or when we just want something easy, tasty, and amazing for ourselves. These are the meals you try to feed others and want to pass down to your kids.

I don't care if you created the recipe on your own, your grandmother handed it down to you, you picked it up at your restaurant, or got it from some cookbook or magazine. It's just about good food.

Post one recipe that you will 100% vouch for as being amazing -- this is your time to evangelize. And yes, I know that we all have many good dishes to share, but you need to self edit here: ONLY ONE. Please take a photo of the recipe page, give a link, or provide some cooking instructions. And maybe tell us what is so good about it. I'll post my contribution in a day or two.

We have a lot of amazing members here, and I know we make a lot of great food.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Excellent idea.

Now, what to post...

freaking brilliant..MR D!!

i know what i am gonna do..i just got to wait for the weekend, so i can take a pic. hahaha..FUN. so many pro cooks here..i'm nervous.

my dish is uber simple..but NONE of my friends can make an edible version.

Thomas Keller's Fried Chicken from Ad Hoc, hands down an unbelievable dish every time! I'll take a photo of the recipe tomorrow.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    Thomas Keller's Fried Chicken from Ad Hoc, hands down an unbelievable dish every time! I'll take a photo of the recipe tomorrow.
    Interesting. My second choice was a Keller recipe from that same book, but I am going to submit Molly Stevens' roast chicken pieces Dijonnaise. Cooked it for the first time in November and I have made it about 8 times since. It's easy, and the sauce that comes out of it is like crack cocaine.

Again, I will post more info in a day or two.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Do we have to give measurements, cooking times, temperatures etc? While this is obviously the way most of the world cooks, those of us who cook for a living almost never use recipes like that except for baking and pastries. We deal in ratios and techniques and the recipes we do write down wouldnt do much good to the average non-professional.

That said, all the Thomas Keller talk made me remember another simple, yet delicious recipe of his. The Lemon Sabayon tart with pinenut crust from The French Laundry Cookbook is great.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    2: All beef patties
    Special sauce
    lettuce
    cheese
    pickles
    onion
    sesame seed bun
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    Do we have to give measurements, cooking times, temperatures etc? While this is obviously the way most of the world cooks, those of us who cook for a living almost never use recipes like that except for baking and pastries. We deal in ratios and techniques and the recipes we do write down wouldnt do much good to the average non-professional.

That said, all the Thomas Keller talk made me remember another simple, yet delicious recipe of his. The Lemon Sabayon tart with pinenut crust from The French Laundry Cookbook is great.
    Quick answer. For the pro cooks, you don't need to provide all the nitty gritty details -- just enough for inspiration.

k.

i'm eating a big mac right now actually after a long shift. except no cheese xtra pickle xtra onion (gotta love those reconstituted onions!)

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    2: All beef patties
    Special sauce
    lettuce
    cheese
    pickles
    onion
    sesame seed bun
    LOL
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.