• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S Delbert Ealy 24 cm O1 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This knife is from the run of gyutos Del made in September, 2011. The handle is box elder burl and the bolster is amboyna.

Del had this to say about these knives in his WIP thread:

"They will be made from 2mm stock with the convex grind I have been working on. I want to say that these knives have an improved profile with less belly than my previous damascus gyutos and since they are convex grind rather than full flat grind they will not have the flex that some of those knives had. These are designed to be high performance cutters with a fine finish to the blade (hand sanded) and my usual excellent handles."

It is in near-new condition, used lightly in a home environment. There is some patina development, but I can remove it if the buyer prefers.

Weight is 254 grams; balances at the "2" in the maker's mark.

Edge is 245 mm; height at heel is 58 mm

Spine is 2.25 mm above heel, 2.1 mm midway to tip, 1.0 mm 1 cm from tip.

$425 includes insured shipping to a CONUS address and PayPal fees.

file_zps1152c62e.jpg

file_zps91f749b2.jpg

file_zps1360e66a.jpg

file_zpscf879a85.jpg

file_zpsb076de0d.jpg

file_zpsd29c8a45.jpg

This, THIS, is another fine example of why I worship Del's work. This knife looks gorgeous, and sounds like it's a perfect fit. If I didn't already have one....

No doubt this will sell fast!

I've been using my Gyuto from Del (#4 in the series, also amboyna and box elder) a ton recently. There's something about his handles and profiles that just feels really great. Whoever buys this will be happy!

Back