Quantcast
Shout-out to CKTG - Page 12
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Shout-out to CKTG

Quote Originally Posted by dannynyc View Post
    Apologies one more time for stirring the pot.
    All you did was bring the knife to the party. Someone else is boiling the pot. But it was a bit of an education on the position of some of the members here. Now we know how to stay off the radar....

Hey - I've had great service from M*** so no ill will here. Just sayin' that if it looks like a scab . . . don't pick it.

I'm actually in Madison right now. I could go shout at him if you'd like

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Patatas Bravas View Post
    I think what we've witnessed could called a 'Popcorn Protest'. Gandhi himself would be proud. I blame Zwiefel who loves his Indian food and is just so darned peaceful!
    Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I must say that the popcorn protest was awesome. It spaced out the emotions a bit, and it is really hard to make a charged statement after talk of popcorn. Brilliant.

I don't mean to take away from valid points and opinions but sometimes a thread gains a bit too much negative energy and a reboot is necessary. With that said, it is just time now before CKTG starts selling popcorn.

k.

Funny that's kind of what I thought was going on, now it has a catchy name...Love it! Long live "The Popcorn Protest"
    I'm saying it now, I'm saying it here, this could go viral...years from now all around the world people will be using it and it all started right here, kind of cool.

Having purchased a range of knives including Takeda and Konosuke from cktg I have had nothing but excellent service; I will certainly be using them again. The hijacking of threads is increasing on this forum and whilst it is clearly ammusing to a warped few, is frankly not constructive or helpful and puts people off from using this group for its intended purpose. Best, Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Having purchased a range of knives including Takeda and Konosuke from cktg I have had nothing but excellent service; I will certainly be using them again. The hijacking of threads is increasing on this forum and whilst it is clearly ammusing to a warped few, is frankly not constructive or helpful and puts people off from using this group for its intended purpose. Best, Bryan
    Oh come on man. Hell isn't going to freeze over because we discussed popcorn and the AS richmand "laser". At least we can have a honest open discussion here about knives, which is more than what I can say about the CKTG forum.

Oh really?

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    Oh come on man. Hell isn't going to freeze over because we discussed popcorn and the AS richmand "laser". At least we can have a honest open discussion here about knives, which is more than what I can say about the CKTG forum.
    Not to start another war here, but I do find the hijacking of posts to be problematic, but for a very practical reason that some may not have considered. We are all familiar with the phenomenon of people starting new threads asking questions that have been addressed dozens of times already on this forum, and we have probably all wished at least once that someone had done a bit of searching the forum before starting a new thread. But as someone who has tried to do this before, when I see a topic about, say, "sharpening advice," and it has 10 pages of comments, half of which are about the virtues of, say, white #1 vs. white #2 after someone has hijacked the thread, I am not going to spend the time reading that post, because the time involved cannot be justified given how many of the comments have nothing to do with the title of the post and the subject I want to research. For the sake of archiving/searching, therefore, I do think it would be more appropriate for people who want to discuss something unrelated or only tangentially related to the topic introduced by the OP to simply start their own thread.

Just my 2 cents. And this of course does not apply to the Popcorn Protest, which I agree was brilliant.

I keep typing paragraphs, and end up self censoring, hence the popcorn jargon...

But I will say this; Movie theater popcorn in bags ticks me off. $9 and I can't get a bucket? What the ???

Name:  popcorn_10000.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  8.0 KB
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by dannynyc View Post
    Not to start another war here, but I do find the hijacking of posts to be problematic, but for a very practical reason that some may not have considered. We are all familiar with the phenomenon of people starting new threads asking questions that have been addressed dozens of times already on this forum, and we have probably all wished at least once that someone had done a bit of searching the forum before starting a new thread. But as someone who has tried to do this before, when I see a topic about, say, "sharpening advice," and it has 10 pages of comments, half of which are about the virtues of, say, white #1 vs. white #2 after someone has hijacked the thread, I am not going to spend the time reading that post, because the time involved cannot be justified given how many of the comments have nothing to do with the title of the post and the subject I want to research. For the sake of archiving/searching, therefore, I do think it would be more appropriate for people who want to discuss something unrelated or only tangentially related to the topic introduced by the OP to simply start their own thread.

Just my 2 cents. And this of course does not apply to the Popcorn Protest, which I agree was brilliant.

I have to agree to an extent. On some of the other forums it has become almost impossible to sort through the garbage and find the simple piece of information you were searching for in the first place. However, most of the time on this forum, we do at least keep the derailing to a minimun and even then it's usually within context.

That being said...I agree with NO ChoP!, why can't we get a BUCKET of popcorn for $9...and what ticks me off even more is the fact that they never stock the napkins...no wonder movie theater seats feel like lube...
    At Death's Door You Only Have 2 choices. Die Happy or Die Regretfully.
    Knowing this...........Choose 1 and Live!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread