Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Shout-out to CKTG

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Our policy from day one was to allow vendor reviews good and/or bad as long as they were on point and not an ax grinding session.
    Boy, evil Mark and CKTG comes up here time and time again, and I can't blame people for their negative comments if that's what they've experienced, and it's good that this is known to the community. (Personally, I've just once bought stropping stuff from Mark, and then nothing else again after reading the many warnings.) I have a suggestion, however. How about just being honest and creating a 'good/bad stuff about CKTG' thread, and then any time old issues pops up (probably will again very shortly) new members or anyone concerned can just then be referred to this thread? 'If you want to know about this, have a look here.' Etc. This would seem more efficient and less repetitive; it would also be more honest and open because, despite Jim's statement of 'official' policy, there has always been loads of axe grinding about this that has been tolerated, even to the point of the previous official and somewhat vengeful and even envious bans of said seller and website. If I were Mark, I'd probably be a bit amused by it all, if I had time to be. Going back to the start of this thread, my guess is that if he's a bit curt with his emails then it's because he's busy and gets lots of custom. Perhaps some other sellers are the same.

I've bought a couple of things from him, and the transactions were nothing out of ordinary, which is a good thing.

But the tutorial/review stuff coming out of him and his crew range from mildly idiotic to down right embarrassing. I always shake my head whenever I see his materials.

I've noticed that too. Wonder if it actually helps business? Seems like it'd be better to assume people are intelligent, rather than naive dummies.

If what happened to mhlee happened to me I would feel the need to vent and share the experience with others. So I do sympathize with him. I'm kinda over bitching about mark myself but when a new thread is titled "Shout out to CKTG" it's kinda inevitable that negative feelings come out among us.

Me too, and I also sympathise. However, I can't also help but wonder if evil Mark sometimes has a look here and a good chuckle to himself over all the attention he gets.

Nice to see we can finally have this type of discussion with some sense of civility and less hostility to other members.

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Patatas Bravas View Post
    This would seem more efficient and less repetitive; it would also be more honest and open because, despite Jim's statement of 'official' policy, there has always been loads of axe grinding about this that has been tolerated, even to the point of the previous official and somewhat vengeful and even envious bans of said seller and website.
    Vengeful? You consider the policies that are in place to be vengeful?

Also, what do you mean by "envious bans"? Who's envious?
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Woa woa hold the horses we can now type cktg without it getting some unloving???? When did this happen???
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Patatas Bravas View Post
    .....despite Jim's statement of 'official' policy, there has always been loads of axe grinding about this that has been tolerated, even to the point of the previous official and somewhat vengeful and even envious bans of said seller and website. If I were Mark, I'd probably be a bit amused by it all, if I had time to be. Going back to the start of this thread, my guess is that if he's a bit curt with his emails then it's because he's busy and gets lots of custom. Perhaps some other sellers are the same.

What if you had to start a forum because you were being kicked off of another forum (where your livelihood was earned) because the "said seller" had run you out of town.......would you still feel the same?

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    Nice to see we can finally have this type of discussion with some sense of civility and less hostility to other members.

-AJ

AJ, what the hell are you talking about? I sure hope that you're not stirring the pot....again.