Quantcast
Shout-out to CKTG - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Shout-out to CKTG

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    I don't have a microwave and can't stand the popcorn it makes...I cook mine in a wok.
    I think I've used just about everything in my kitchen: wok, cast iron and teflon skillet, sauce pans...maybe my Le Crueset is the only thing I haven't used...actually I even used the uWave once! (salt, oil paper bag, popcorn...when I was a kid and before we knew about the crap they use to make paper.)
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    It's the only way I make it...just found it to be easier and tastier than uWave popcorn. I like using lemon-infused EVOO and garlic salt...gotta hit it with the salt right after you dump it from the pan...sometimes a little black and red pepper too.

Grapeseed oil is also excellent for popcorn.
    sounds pretty damn good....im craving parmesan popcorn...

I have a pot strictly for popcorn. We make it at least three times a week. I use the business half of a pressure cooker. Nice and brown inside from years of popcorn making. I use the lid but not tight, steam ruins popcorn.

P.S. Nutritional yeast.

[QUOTE=Salty dog;206343]I use the lid but not tight, steam ruins popcorn.[/QUOTE

100% agree. a frying pan with a saucepan lid is a good example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    Nutritional yeast.
    do tell...

ahhhh...nutritional yeast...back in the day when i was vegan(dont ask) i used to live off that stuff. okay, if anybody has a cool popcorn recipe they should add it to this thread Mr. Dinky started http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...u-vouch-for-it
    you can also make pretty decent vegan mac and cheese with nutritional yeast, mustard, tamari...

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    okay, now someone seriously needs to submit their popcorn recipe at the thread Mr. Dinky started http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...u-vouch-for-it so us popcorn noobs can get some pointers.
    Done. Now, tell me about how/why to use nutritional yeast in popcorn....quid pro quo, non?

nutritional yeast is sorta similar to like cheese powder, or whatever that stuff is that gets all over your hands after you eat doritos or Cheese Its. so i could see nutritional yeast being a cool topping to sprinkle on top of popcorn with garlic salt.

When my parents divorced 15 years ago, it was very amicable and adult. With one exception...

My father calls me over one day, and reminds me there is one flimsy lightweight sauce pan used only by him and only for popcorn. He worked a lot and didn't really cook. Making popcorn for movie night was about as far as it went with him in the kitchen, so I went along with it and stole it from my mothers house for him.

To this day my mother blames me for her terrible popcorn LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by eshua View Post
    When my parents divorced 15 years ago, it was very amicable and adult. With one exception...

My father calls me over one day, and reminds me there is one flimsy lightweight sauce pan used only by him and only for popcorn. He worked a lot and didn't really cook. Making popcorn for movie night was about as far as it went with him in the kitchen, so I went along with it and stole it from my mothers house for him.

That's a great story!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Quote Originally Posted by eshua View Post

Perfect wrap for this thread. Poetic.