Quantcast
Shout-out to CKTG
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Shout-out to CKTG

Shout-out to CKTG

I'm actually not sure if this is posted in the right section, but I wanted to report the positive customer service experience I had with Chef Knives To Go. I ordered a 270mm Konosuke HD Funayuki Gyuto. It was shipped very quickly. It arrived with a blond ferrule, unlike the photo on CKTG's website. Though it was frivolous, after laying down all that money, I wanted the knife to look just they way I wanted it, and I wanted a darker ferrule. Anyway, Mark offered to exchange it without any restocking fee and even paid my return postage (he ended up paying shipping 3 times). He probably lost money on this deal, but he won me over as a customer, and I'll be coming back.

A small caveat: I did find Mark to be a little bit curt over email. Email can be that way, and I'm the first to admit that I was a demanding, probably even annoying customer, but I did find his responses to my emails to be a bit short of gracious. But at the end of the day, he put up with my demands and didn't make me wait, and for that I'm grateful.

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    LOL

great choice. great knife. i prefer darker ferrules myself.

Wow finally a positive post about CKTG....well not from a shill anyway

good to hear that.....
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Wow finally a positive post about CKTG....well not from a shill anyway
    mostly positive

his email responses are very short and not much conversing. but i've made multiple purchases through that site and haven't run into any real issues. last purchase there was a branded sharpie included which i thought was a neat little gift as i go through TONS of those at work (in kitchen). a cheap freebie but it's exactly the right context to offer it.

has anyone tried the richmond laser in AS? apparently it's made in japan and not by lamson. the grind and profile looks good, wa alternative to Hiro AS maybe? i'd really like to try the petty since it's taller than most but everything is out of stock at the moment. would be really cool if there were more handle options. a simple (but good f&f) magnolia wood with buffalo horn ferrule would be nice.

ditto on darker ferrules, i think the blonde looks atrocious!

Well this is all very confirmatory.

How do you like the funayuki? I have an older 270 HD and I like it a lot and the newer versions interest me

Supposed to arrive tomorrow, will let you know.