Quantcast
Shout-out to CKTG - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shout-out to CKTG

It's true I was unaware of any issue. Corresponding with Jim offline to get more info.

Sorry if I tapped into any raw feelings with my post, certainly not my intent. I was in the dark.

I just hope this did not give you a bad impression about the fine members of this community. The willingness to share their experience and thoughts is unparalleled on the interwebs.

Not at all. Everyone was very restrained and anyway nothing was directed at me.

dannynyc

My apologies if we offended you in any way, shape or form. I am glad you had a good experience as a whole with them. While I will not do business with him you definitely did not step on my toes, I just like to have fun with a post now and then and I really do prefer movie popcorn too.

ON that note - welcome to the forums if I haven't already done so and have fun with your new toy.

Eric

Woah! I'm late to the party. Nice knife, and Mark likely fields about 50-100 emails a day. I can be short when I have to handle 5-10. He'll get you a great knife, and you're among many who've had positive experiences with him. I'm glad it's worked out well.

Don't forget to show is pics when you get it!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I was just being silly.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

I just want pics ASAP

Before I became a member of the forums here, I ordered my Konosuke Fujiyama Kiritsuke Yanagiba (270mm) in White #1 from him. I honestly had a pretty good experience. I ordered a saya with the knife. A couple days after ordering it, he sent me an email stating that he cracked it slightly when he was drilling the pin hole. The pin still locks it in place and it covers the blade nicely, regardless. He sent me the saya and refunded the cost. He seemed very courteous in the emails I received from him.

While I do not know the exact history with that site, I do know its a sensitive subject. I still check his site regularly because he does carry blades that I can't find anywhere else. While the prices can be a bit higher, my experience with him was still relatively positive so I will most likely still order from him if he happens to get something in stock that I want and nobody else has.

there should be no reason that we cant discuss a vendor, that has had both positive and negative reviews from all members on this forum. I don't necessarily agree with all of his business ethics however i have not have a "bad" experience and i continue to shop there. I know others here that love that site and some who hate it. None the less we shouldn't bash others for liking it because we had a bad experience. I know this is best forum around and the people here really are the best and helpful i know. I have been members among various forums and this is my all time favorite.